Proper Offer For Buy Low Guys Like... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Proper Offer For Buy Low Guys Like...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Irish » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:00 pm

gtabaplayr1 wrote:When offering for a buy low canidate i find it helpful to offer a player who does not play the same position as the player you are trying to acquire. Offering Hafner for Helton or something of that nature is a fruitless endevor since before the year Helton had significantly more value than Hafner which the owner will remember. If you offer a player at a different position it is much harder to gauge value and the other owner might be inclined to bite.

I completely diagree with this statement. :-t

I always offer 2 for 1's, preferably with a player from the same position to fill the gap. When I look at a trade and players in positions I already have are offered and yet he is giving me no hole filler for the player he wants i just get ticked.
BILL HALL EN FUEGO!
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NYMetsIn2k4 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:05 pm

gtabaplayer, interesting concept, but i see what your saying, and i like it. well when i made the list i figured not everyone would agree with it and maybe a few werent still players you could get at a huge bargain, but i just thought of as many players that were rated highly and are underachieving. anyways, heres a few of my offers that i tried, but none of em landed.

ive offered Adam Dunn for Beltran/for Thome/for Huff/ for Rolen/ for All of the Below

as you can see i was trying to unload Dunn, but not one of them was accepted... though i did get a reply on one of the trades for Beltran and the owner said it was a good offer but he was just curious to see where Beltran would go the 2nd half(it was a few days b4 the AS Break)

ive offered A-Ram for Schmidt/for Johnson/for Schilling/for All of the Above

no luck there either, but those r just a few offers ive conjured up, all at different times though and none of which were accepted. i cant think of anymore at this time, but if anyone can think of some other good trades that theyd take for a buy low, please share.
NYMetsIn2k4
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby NYMetsIn2k4 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:09 pm

irish... yeah definetely, i agree more with what your saying, but i think he meant that if the owner has another option at that position, cause if not then its a pointless trade cause noones gonna make a trade where a position of theirs becomes vacant
NYMetsIn2k4
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby gtabaplayr1 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:43 pm

Irish wrote:
gtabaplayr1 wrote:When offering for a buy low canidate i find it helpful to offer a player who does not play the same position as the player you are trying to acquire. Offering Hafner for Helton or something of that nature is a fruitless endevor since before the year Helton had significantly more value than Hafner which the owner will remember. If you offer a player at a different position it is much harder to gauge value and the other owner might be inclined to bite.

I completely diagree with this statement. :-t

I always offer 2 for 1's, preferably with a player from the same position to fill the gap. When I look at a trade and players in positions I already have are offered and yet he is giving me no hole filler for the player he wants i just get ticked.

Well obviously it depends on the situation of the two teams. I agree that 2-1 trades will work, but when going for a 1-1 which is what i thought the original poster wanted to find out, it is alot easier to get a buy-low canidate when offering a player from a different position than just a player who has had a better first half.
gtabaplayr1
College Coach
College Coach

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:48 pm

I usually just try to rip the other guy off and if he falls about it then good! ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby NYMetsIn2k4 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:50 pm

Well just to clarify myself, i'm trying to get feedback on Solid 1 For 1 Trades on Buy Low Candidates -OR- 2 For 1 Trades on Buy Low Candidates
NYMetsIn2k4
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby tuff_gong » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:51 pm

aj burnett - possible buy low candidate?

he's had a couple bad outings, do you guys think he will bounce back? or do you think with the possibility of being shipped to the al east will make his value permanently sink?

Well that's just like, your opinion man.
tuff_gong
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jbones733 » Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:13 am

tuff_gong wrote:aj burnett - possible buy low candidate?

he's had a couple bad outings, do you guys think he will bounce back? or do you think with the possibility of being shipped to the al east will make his value permanently sink?

buy low, im trying to get him
jbones733
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers