Chris Shelton - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Chris Shelton

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 270

Postby jjigglers » Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:41 am

joeg24 wrote:To get down to a 270 level, he'd have to go 0-64.

I wonder if he does have a shot at a batting title or rookie of the year? Does anyone know what the cutoff is and if he played everyday from here on out if he has a shot? I doubt he hits this way for much longer and I agree with a potential cold spell coming, but damn....


He's definately qualified for Rookie of the Year, since this year he is considered a rookie.

In order to qualify for batting titles in averaged categories (Avg, Slg, OBP, OPS, RC, OW%, #P/PA, G/F), a player must average at least 3.1 plate appearances for every game his team has played.


Detroit has played 99 games.
Shelton (if the season ended now) would need 307 PA. He has 188.
Shelton is averaging (in 49 GP) 3.84 PA per game.

At the end of the season, Detroit will have played 162 games.
Shelton would need 503 PA. At his current pace, he will have 430 PA.
To reach the needed abount of PA, Shelton either needs to average 5.00 PA per game from here on out, or the season would need to be 181 games long.
jjigglers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 996
Joined: 30 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AT » Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:55 am

Mills13 wrote:Watching Chris Shelton on my league's waiver wire is like watching Carmen Electra perform a strip-tease. As much as I like Carmen Electra, I'll never be able to have any relationship with her. Same with Chris Shelton. As long as he's on my waiver wire. I can't pick him up. Just look at this team:

C B. Inge (Det - C,3B,OF) C3BOFUtilBench @CWS 7:05 pm 96/341 49 7 39 5 147 .282
1B T. Hafner (Cle - 1B) 1BUtilBench KC 6:05 pm 89/283 55 18 63 0 166 .314
2B B. Roberts (Bal - 2B) 2BUtilBench @Min 7:10 pm 109/317 56 15 49 18 186 .344
3B Á. Rodríguez (NYY - 3B) 3BUtilBench @Tex 7:05 pm 105/329 66 24 74 9 194 .319
SS R. Furcal (Atl - SS) SSUtilBench @SF 9:15 pm 89/349 53 7 31 29 137 .255
OF V. Guerrero (LAA - OF) OFUtilBench Oak 9:05 pm 90/273 48 16 51 6 157 .330
OF M. Ramírez (Bos - OF) OFUtilBench TB 6:05 pm 84/309 54 22 80 1 168 .272
OF L. Berkman (Hou - 1B,OF) 1BOFUtilBench @Pit 6:05 pm 61/207 31 6 33 1 95 .295
Util M. Ensberg (Hou - 3B) 3BUtilBench @Pit 6:05 pm 86/297 53 24 65 6 177 .290
BN T. Hunter (Min - OF) OFUtilBench Bal 7:10 pm 86/318 54 14 54 19 152 .270
BN A. Huff (TB - 1B,3B,OF) 1B3BOFUtilBench @Bos 6:05 pm 80/317 32 8 45 8 120 .252
BN M. Ordóñez (Det - OF) OFUtilBench @CWS 7:05 pm 12/51 9 3 13 0 25 .235
BN V. Wells (Tor - OF) OFUtilBench 90/334 41 17 50 2 159 .269
BN T. Helton (Col - 1B) 1BUtilBench @Was 6:05 pm 87/302 44 10 39 2 143 .288

SP J. Garland (CWS - SP) SPPBench Det 7:05 pm 120.0 13 0 56 3.38 1.08
SP B. Colón (LAA - SP) SPPBench Oak 9:05 pm 123.2 11 0 89 3.42 1.14
RP C. Cordero (Was - RP) RPPBench Col 6:05 pm 47.2 2 31 42 1.13 1.03
RP D. Hermanson (CWS - SP,RP) SPRPPBench Det 7:05 pm 36.0 0 22 19 1.50 1.11
P B. Zito (Oak - SP) SPPBench @LAA 9:05 pm 122.0 6 0 85 3.91 1.21
P K. Wood (ChC - SP) SPPBench @Cin 6:10 pm 45.0 2 0 52 4.80 1.38
P M. Mussina (NYY - SP) SPPBench @Tex 7:05 pm 119.1 9 0 86 4.15 1.33
DL Ol. PérezDL (Pit - SP) SPPBenchDL Hou 6:05 pm 83.1 6 0 81 6.16 1.64

Nobody to drop.


He's better than Hunter and he's better than Ordonez and with Hafner and Helton aching you could use the 1B. Done and done.
Image
AT
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3920
Joined: 23 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On Parole

Postby bdrotoronto » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:20 am

Atrophying Testicles wrote:
Mills13 wrote:Watching Chris Shelton on my league's waiver wire is like watching Carmen Electra perform a strip-tease. As much as I like Carmen Electra, I'll never be able to have any relationship with her. Same with Chris Shelton. As long as he's on my waiver wire. I can't pick him up. Just look at this team:

C B. Inge (Det - C,3B,OF) C3BOFUtilBench @CWS 7:05 pm 96/341 49 7 39 5 147 .282
1B T. Hafner (Cle - 1B) 1BUtilBench KC 6:05 pm 89/283 55 18 63 0 166 .314
2B B. Roberts (Bal - 2B) 2BUtilBench @Min 7:10 pm 109/317 56 15 49 18 186 .344
3B Á. Rodríguez (NYY - 3B) 3BUtilBench @Tex 7:05 pm 105/329 66 24 74 9 194 .319
SS R. Furcal (Atl - SS) SSUtilBench @SF 9:15 pm 89/349 53 7 31 29 137 .255
OF V. Guerrero (LAA - OF) OFUtilBench Oak 9:05 pm 90/273 48 16 51 6 157 .330
OF M. Ramírez (Bos - OF) OFUtilBench TB 6:05 pm 84/309 54 22 80 1 168 .272
OF L. Berkman (Hou - 1B,OF) 1BOFUtilBench @Pit 6:05 pm 61/207 31 6 33 1 95 .295
Util M. Ensberg (Hou - 3B) 3BUtilBench @Pit 6:05 pm 86/297 53 24 65 6 177 .290
BN T. Hunter (Min - OF) OFUtilBench Bal 7:10 pm 86/318 54 14 54 19 152 .270
BN A. Huff (TB - 1B,3B,OF) 1B3BOFUtilBench @Bos 6:05 pm 80/317 32 8 45 8 120 .252
BN M. Ordóñez (Det - OF) OFUtilBench @CWS 7:05 pm 12/51 9 3 13 0 25 .235
BN V. Wells (Tor - OF) OFUtilBench 90/334 41 17 50 2 159 .269
BN T. Helton (Col - 1B) 1BUtilBench @Was 6:05 pm 87/302 44 10 39 2 143 .288

SP J. Garland (CWS - SP) SPPBench Det 7:05 pm 120.0 13 0 56 3.38 1.08
SP B. Colón (LAA - SP) SPPBench Oak 9:05 pm 123.2 11 0 89 3.42 1.14
RP C. Cordero (Was - RP) RPPBench Col 6:05 pm 47.2 2 31 42 1.13 1.03
RP D. Hermanson (CWS - SP,RP) SPRPPBench Det 7:05 pm 36.0 0 22 19 1.50 1.11
P B. Zito (Oak - SP) SPPBench @LAA 9:05 pm 122.0 6 0 85 3.91 1.21
P K. Wood (ChC - SP) SPPBench @Cin 6:10 pm 45.0 2 0 52 4.80 1.38
P M. Mussina (NYY - SP) SPPBench @Tex 7:05 pm 119.1 9 0 86 4.15 1.33
DL Ol. PérezDL (Pit - SP) SPPBenchDL Hou 6:05 pm 83.1 6 0 81 6.16 1.64

Nobody to drop.


He's better than Hunter and he's better than Ordonez and with Hafner and Helton aching you could use the 1B. Done and done.

The guys to drop are either Kerry Wood or Oliver Perez, neither of whom I think will do anything special the rest of the year. I think Hunter and Ordonez are too good to drop.
bdrotoronto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1708
Joined: 10 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tvv44 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:23 am

What about next season? Is he worth drafting in the 1st 10 rounds of a 16 team keeper league for next year?

I'm a huge Tiger fan and I'll admit, I haven't heard much about this kid before he was called up and I definitely didn't expect him to put up the #'s he is. I guess I'm just not sold on the fact that he's better than Curtis Granderson at this point.
tvv44
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 438
Joined: 30 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: right here?

Postby mcqfesijiba » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:58 am

jjigglers wrote:
joeg24 wrote:To get down to a 270 level, he'd have to go 0-64.

I wonder if he does have a shot at a batting title or rookie of the year? Does anyone know what the cutoff is and if he played everyday from here on out if he has a shot? I doubt he hits this way for much longer and I agree with a potential cold spell coming, but damn....


He's definately qualified for Rookie of the Year, since this year he is considered a rookie.
No, he isn't eligible for rookie of the year. He had too much service time last year. He was on the MLB roster pretty much the entire season (minus a DL stint), so he has surpassed the service time minimum to be qualified for a rookie.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1664
Joined: 31 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Detroit, MI

Postby bd3521 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:08 pm

ROY in the AL looks like Mauer or Cano
[url]http://www.footballguys.com/05vbdrevisited.htm[/url]
bd3521
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1082
Joined: 11 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Northern NJ

Postby Yoda » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:13 pm

bd3521 wrote:ROY in the AL looks like Mauer or Cano


Mauer isn't a rook. He spent too many days in 04.

No one's mentioned Swisher as ROY. He's been fantastic for the surging A's and has made more impact on the team's success than anyone else.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby bd3521 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:13 pm

Yoda wrote:
bd3521 wrote:ROY in the AL looks like Mauer or Cano


Mauer isn't a rook. He spent too many days in 04.

No one's mentioned Swisher as ROY. He's been fantastic for the surging A's and has made more impact on the team's success than anyone else.

I was working off BPs VORP for rooks
[url]http://www.footballguys.com/05vbdrevisited.htm[/url]
bd3521
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1082
Joined: 11 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Northern NJ

Postby jjigglers » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:18 pm

mcqfesijiba wrote:
jjigglers wrote:
joeg24 wrote:To get down to a 270 level, he'd have to go 0-64.

I wonder if he does have a shot at a batting title or rookie of the year? Does anyone know what the cutoff is and if he played everyday from here on out if he has a shot? I doubt he hits this way for much longer and I agree with a potential cold spell coming, but damn....


He's definately qualified for Rookie of the Year, since this year he is considered a rookie.
No, he isn't eligible for rookie of the year. He had too much service time last year. He was on the MLB roster pretty much the entire season (minus a DL stint), so he has surpassed the service time minimum to be qualified for a rookie.


Oh wow, I saw that his games played (27) and AB (46) were way under the ceiling, and just assumed that he hadnt been on the roster for 45 days (excluding DL time).
jjigglers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 996
Joined: 30 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Oct. 24
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at San Francisco
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact