Crazy Thoughts...Interesting - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Crazy Thoughts...Interesting

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Crazy Thoughts...Interesting

Postby go_jays_go » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:38 am

I was searching through my old favourites and I found this pretty fun site.

http://www.crazythoughts.com/

See if your crazy thoughts are there.. :-b
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:53 am

Why don't they make Root Beer flavored ice cream? Wouldn't it be better than root beer floats?

:-b

I'll have to give it a full read later, but that one caught my eye. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby JTWood » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:32 am

What is the point in saying "may I ask" and then follow it up with a question?

lol... My dad used to irritate me to no end with this one.

ME: "Dad, can I ask you a question?"
DAD: "You just did."
ME: Image
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby mweir145 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:36 am

Why does the Easter bunny carry eggs? Rabbits don't lay eggs.

This is one I was thinking about when I was a child getting Easter Eggs. :-?

Even more puzzling: " If a baseball player hits a home run over the fence, but then dies before he can run around the bases, does the home run count?"

I'm not actually sure, I don't think it would count, but I guess you could drag an unconscious guy around the bases. !+)
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby The_Met_Threat » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:39 am

Why would they even care about the game if he actually died during play? I really think they would postpone the game, even if it was game 7 of the world series. Though if were talking about out of the blue things, and things that likely would never happen then i dont think it would count until he touched all 4 bases.

Edit: Nvm i see you saw it on the site, but to whoever is making that site... think crazy but not too crazy
Last edited by The_Met_Threat on Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:40 am

mweir145 wrote:Even more puzzling: " If a baseball player hits a home run over the fence, but then dies before he can run around the bases, does the home run count?"

That was answered in Leftovers the other day. I think the ruling was the guy who hits the home run most round the bases, though I'm not sure how to apply it if the guy dies. :-o :-D
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby mweir145 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:41 am

The_Met_Threat wrote:Why would they even care about the game if he actually died during play? I really think they would postpone the game, even if it was game 7 of the world series. Though if were talking about out of the blue things, and things that likely would never happen then i dont think it would count until he touched all 4 bases.

Exactly, like I remember a game last week where Orlando Hudson hit a HR, but pulled his quad as he rounded 2nd base, and he basically crawled around 3rd base and into home with a trainer walking right beside him.

So my guess is that it wouldnt count unless you touch all the bases.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby reznorsboy » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:51 am

:-b :-b
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Irish » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:14 am

Some of these were just friggin stupid but this one took the cake:

"Do Jewish vampires avoid crosses or Stars of David?"

Gee, that one is gonna bother me for weeks. :-t :-t :-t
BILL HALL EN FUEGO!
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:23 am

SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:
mweir145 wrote:Even more puzzling: " If a baseball player hits a home run over the fence, but then dies before he can run around the bases, does the home run count?"

That was answered in Leftovers the other day. I think the ruling was the guy who hits the home run most round the bases, though I'm not sure how to apply it if the guy dies. :-o :-D

Call and injury time out and then put in a pinch runner.

After the umpire calls "Play" the ball is alive and in play and remains alive and in play until for legal cause, or at the umpire's call of "Time" suspending play, the ball becomes dead. While the ball is dead no player may be put out, no bases may be run and no runs may be scored, except that runners may advance one or more bases as the result of acts which occurred while the ball was alive (such as, but not limited to a balk, an overthrow, interference, or a home run or other fair ball hit out of the playing field). Should a ball come partially apart in a game, it is in play until the play is completed.

The ump can call Time and I think that everybody except for Joe Brinkman would think that Death would qualify for time.

edit: I actually found the exact rule:

The ball becomes dead when an umpire calls "Time." The umpire in chief shall call "Time"_ (a) When in his judgment weather, darkness or similar conditions make immediate further play impossible; (b) When light failure makes it difficult or impossible for the umpires to follow the play; NOTE: A league may adopt its own regulations governing games interrupted by light failure. (c) When an accident incapacitates a player or an umpire; (1) If an accident to a runner is such as to prevent him from proceeding to a base to which he is entitled, as on a home run hit out of the playing field, or an award of one or more bases, a substitute runner shall be permitted to complete the play. (d) When a manager requests "Time" for a substitution, or for a conference with one of his players. (e) When the umpire wishes to examine the ball, to consult with either manager, or for any similar cause. (f) When a fielder, after catching a fly ball, falls into a bench or stand, or falls across ropes into a crowd when spectators are on the field. As pertains to runners, the provisions of 7.04 (c) shall prevail. If a fielder after making a catch steps into a bench, but does not fall, the ball is in play and runners may advance at their own peril. (g) When an umpire orders a player or any other person removed from the playing field. (h) Except in the cases stated in paragraphs (b) and (c) (1) of this rule, no umpire shall call "Time" while a play is in progress.

hmmm, so there you go.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Next

Return to General Talk