Who can't wait until Saturday?(Potential H. Potter Spoilers) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Who can't wait until Saturday?(Potential H. Potter Spoilers)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mweir145 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:25 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:Right... unless * isn't dead, and this is all just a ruse. :-?

Who knows. Maybe the HB-P did a silent curse along with the killing one... I don't know. Just throwing ideas out.

I'm not so sure about this theory. I think * is dead, and not coming back.

I think it would seem kind of wrong to bring him back from a reader's standpoint. Can't Harry talk to the portrait of * still?

I mean * wouldn't become a ghost right? In Book 5, they said something about the dead coming back as ghosts, and how these people weren't very happy (I'll have to re-read that part eventually). I think * was a happy person throughout his life that didn't fear death, so i see no reason for him to come back as a ghost.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CubsFan7724 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:49 pm

I read the first one, just wasn't my cup of tea. Guess its a bit too whimisical for me. I feel LOTR is better, but I haven't read the whole Harry Potter series. But I'm pretty sure I won't like it over LOTR. Just Tolkeins style of writing, even though its fantasy, gives reality to the whole thing, like it happened some millenia ago. Since all the times, dates, and history is so like planned.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby curious_george_43545 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:10 pm

I think he is dead and knew he would die. It's not liek him to beg and it sounded more like he was pleading to be killed since he would knew what would happen to him if he didn't kill him and also if he did kill him he would be able to remain a spy for the order. Plus he wasn't afraid of death at all.

If that's confusing..o well don't want to spoil anything.
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mweir145 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:01 pm

curious_george_43545 wrote:I think he is dead and knew he would die. It's not liek him to beg and it sounded more like he was pleading to be killed since he would knew what would happen to him if he didn't kill him and also if he did kill him he would be able to remain a spy for the order. Plus he wasn't afraid of death at all.

Exactly.

That wasn't confusing, you pegged all of the reasoning right there. ;-D
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby curious_george_43545 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:34 pm

mweir145 wrote:
curious_george_43545 wrote:I think he is dead and knew he would die. It's not liek him to beg and it sounded more like he was pleading to be killed since he would knew what would happen to him if he didn't kill him and also if he did kill him he would be able to remain a spy for the order. Plus he wasn't afraid of death at all.

Exactly.

That wasn't confusing, you pegged all of the reasoning right there. ;-D

;-D
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mweir145 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:48 pm

Still you'd think he would have told someone about his impending death at the hands of the HBP, particularly Harry.

Now, even if the HBP does come back to the "good side" with help, he won't be taken seriously by anybody, and just thrown in Azkaban.

In this way, I don't see how anybody could have benefited from his death except Voldemort himself.

Although, he always trusted the HBP for a reason that they haven't yet disclosed in any of the books. We will probably soon find out in the next one why he trusted him. Maybe it will turn out that this was his plan all along, because he was quite a smart wizard which usually planned out everything throughly. I mean isn't it a bit weird that Harry and him didn't just escape initially when they met *? 2 on 1... I mean even Harry could have even beaten * easily, and then they could have been off. It's all a little fishy to me..
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby Transmogrifier » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:54 pm

mweir145 wrote:Still you'd think he would have told someone about his impending death at the hands of the HBP, particularly Harry.

Now, even if the HBP does come back to the "good side" with help, he won't be taken seriously by anybody, and just thrown in Azkaban.

In this way, I don't see how anybody could have benefited from his death except Voldemort himself.

Although, he always trusted the HBP for a reason that they haven't yet disclosed in any of the books. We will probably soon find out in the next one why he trusted him. Maybe it will turn out that this was his plan all along, because he was quite a smart wizard which usually planned out everything throughly. I mean isn't it a bit weird that Harry and him didn't just escape initially when they met *? 2 on 1... I mean even Harry could have even beaten * easily, and then they could have been off. It's all a little fishy to me..

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I was just throwing out the "not dead" idea for the hell of it.

But if * did want to die, then JKR has a lot of explaining to do. Such is why did * pretend not to know what was going on in Hogsmeade? Because he had to have some of this planned if he wanted the HBP to kill him, right?
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Simulacrum » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:56 pm

Spoilers! 8-o Spoilers everywhere! 8-o

Must hit back button!

:-b
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby dannyolbb » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:59 pm

mweir145 wrote:Still you'd think he would have told someone about his impending death at the hands of the HBP, particularly Harry.

How do we know he didn't tell anyone? Perhaps he told his brother (the barman in Hogsmeade). Perhaps he told the OOTP but they kept it to themselves to prod Harry into action. There are a lot of maybes.

Here's what I'm sure of. Dumbledore has never been wrong in these books. I doubt he's wrong now.

Also, the more I think of it, Reg. Black seems too obvious. Since when has JK Rowling ever been up front? It just seems too obvious.
dannyolbb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mweir145 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:02 am

Transmogrifier wrote:

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I was just throwing out the "not dead" idea for the hell of it.

But if * did want to die, then JKR has a lot of explaining to do. Such is why did * pretend not to know what was going on in Hogsmeade? Because he had to have some of this planned if he wanted the HBP to kill him, right?

Exactly.

You can easily make an argument for both sides of the discussion. But I'd like to believe that he did want to die. It would be quite sad if it was the other way around. :,-(
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk