Who can't wait until Saturday?(Potential H. Potter Spoilers) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Who can't wait until Saturday?(Potential H. Potter Spoilers)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mweir145 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:36 pm

dannyolbb wrote:Can we discuss who we think RAB is here? Or would that be prohibited?

I'm new here and don't want to break any rules.

Ya I don't really see why not. It doesn't really give away that much by saying who you think it is. Because of course, most people who haven't read that far into it, wouldn't even know who "R.A.B" is and wouldn't know the importance of it yet. I was sending out PM's to people of who I thought R.A.B. was, but I don't see the problem of discussing it in this thread.

I have a feeling that the R.A.B. stands for Regulus Black, Sirius's brother. I'm not exactly sure what the "A" stands for, but I kind of remember a scene in one of the books where Siruis was talking about one of his uncles whose name started with an "A." That could be Regulus's middle name.

Also, because of him stealing the *, that is why Voldemort killed Regulus Black. I do remember Sirius saying in one of the previous books that Regulus tried to back out of Death Eaters group and that was why he was killed. Who else would refer to Voldemort as the Dark Lord other than a fellow death eater? He would just call him "He who must not be named" or whatever.

Of course this is only a theory and it could be entirely wrong, and it could be somebody else. I guess I'll have to read the first 5 to find more details about the Black family.

Of course, this means that if this is true, Regulus is dead, and this R.A.B. couldn't help Harry as a partner in finding the rest of the *.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dannyolbb » Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:46 pm

That makes sense, especially

Who else would refer to Voldemort as the Dark Lord other than a fellow death eater? He would just call him "He who must not be named" or whatever.

Regalus Black was my first thought as well. Although I also wonder about the recently deceased Amelia Bones. A lot of people go by their first names and - from what we know - she seems a lot more capable than Regulus. But it doesn't account for the part about "Dark Lord" unless there is more we don't know.
dannyolbb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mweir145 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:52 pm

dannyolbb wrote:That makes sense, especially

Who else would refer to Voldemort as the Dark Lord other than a fellow death eater? He would just call him "He who must not be named" or whatever.

Regalus Black was my first thought as well. Although I also wonder about the recently deceased Amelia Bones. A lot of people go by their first names and - from what we know - she seems a lot more capable than Regulus. But it doesn't account for the part about "Dark Lord" unless there is more we don't know.

Of course it could just be some other character that we don't even know yet. But Regulus Black was the first thing to pop into my head when I read that.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby Rirruto » Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:57 pm

mweir145 wrote:Of course it could just be some other character that we don't even know yet. But Regulus Black was the first thing to pop into my head when I read that.

ditto
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Transmogrifier » Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:19 pm

Rirruto wrote:
mweir145 wrote:Wait a minute, I just re-read the ending..

Could * have wanted the half-blood prince to kill him?

That's what it seems like to me after looking at it?

So it had nothing to do with me PMing you the exact same thing? lol

I thought the same thing when I read it, but still, if this is true, then the Half-Blood Prince still did an unforgiveable curse.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby bceagles04 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:35 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:
Rirruto wrote:
mweir145 wrote:Wait a minute, I just re-read the ending..

Could * have wanted the half-blood prince to kill him?

That's what it seems like to me after looking at it?

So it had nothing to do with me PMing you the exact same thing? lol

I thought the same thing when I read it, but still, if this is true, then the Half-Blood Prince still did an unforgiveable curse.

yes, but i think even more was at stake then outlawed curses, we are talking saving the Wizarding World, therefore * may have known that if he used that curse, he could have gained more info and taken down Vold.
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Transmogrifier » Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:30 pm

I hope you don't mind, I edited out the name in your post. :)

You're right, that could be the argument, but Dumbledore was unsuccessful in influencing the ministry, how would anyone argue that the H-BP should be allowed to stay out of Azkaban for using an unforgiveable curse on *.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mweir145 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:43 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:I hope you don't mind, I edited out the name in your post. :)

You're right, that could be the argument, but Dumbledore was unsuccessful in influencing the ministry, how would anyone argue that the H-BP should be allowed to stay out of Azkaban for using an unforgiveable curse on *.

You are right, the HBP has dug a hole either way. Because if he tries to come back to the "good" side citing that this was the plan all along, the order won't believe anything he has to say, and they will just send him directly to Azkaban.

The HBP would be better off being friends with Voldemort now...

You would have thought that * and the HBP would have told somebody else (preferably Harry) that this was the plan to begin with... Now it just seems like the HBP is guilty of the murder of * without much cause.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby Transmogrifier » Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:47 pm

Right... unless * isn't dead, and this is all just a ruse. :-?

Who knows. Maybe the HB-P did a silent curse along with the killing one... I don't know. Just throwing ideas out.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bceagles04 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:08 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:Right... unless * isn't dead, and this is all just a ruse. :-?

Who knows. Maybe the HB-P did a silent curse along with the killing one... I don't know. Just throwing ideas out.

what would the silent one have been? and what would it do?
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk