Who can't wait until Saturday?(Potential H. Potter Spoilers) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Who can't wait until Saturday?(Potential H. Potter Spoilers)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who can't wait until Saturday?(Potential H. Potter Spoilers)

Postby Rirruto » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:02 am

I don't know how many of you guys have read them but I cant wait till the new Harry Potter book gets to my house on Saturday. Laugh all you want but they're great books. My younger sister made me watch the first movie and I found it interesting so I picked up the 1st book and found it great. Any HP readers around here?

P.S. No I am not homosexual, not that there's anything wrong with that. I kind of feel like Mike Piazza right now :-D
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mweir145 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:09 am

Ya I've read them, I've kindeve grown up at the same pace as him in these books so it's kind of cool. I'm pretty sure he is the same age as me in this book.

Unfortunately, I didn't order it. I just figure I'll go wonder down to the book store and buy it in the afternoon after the Open Championship's coverage is finished.

I remember last time one of these books came out, I read for like 24 hours straight to finish to book :-o , they are such page turners.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 85)

Postby Rirruto » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:11 am

mweir145 wrote:I remember last time one of these books came out, I read for like 24 hours straight to finish to book :-o , they are such page turners.

Yeah you're telling me, I could barely put the last one down and I'm not the biggest fan of reading.
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby curious_george_43545 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:15 am

They are pretty good, I'm not sure when I'll get this one but I've read them all.
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby beltrans_boy » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:15 am

[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Simulacrum » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:23 am

Of course I can't wait till Saturday. It's a weekend and I can goof off. :-)

In regards to Harry Potter, my Mom's a fanatic and she'll buy the book and read it, then give it to me. I'll read it too. I've enjoyed all the books, I've read all of them except for 4 & 5 a couple times each. This one's going to have to wait though- right now I'm obsessed with the Dune books and I have the new Chuck Palahniuk waiting when I'm done with those. ;-D

Go ahead and turn up your nose B-Boy, some of us are secure enough in our masculinity to admit we've read Harry Potter. I assert that anyone from any age group that actually took the time to read one would enjoy it.
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby mweir145 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:34 am

_Simulacrum_ wrote:Of course I can't wait till Saturday. It's a weekend and I can goof off. :-)

In regards to Harry Potter, my Mom's a fanatic and she'll buy the book and read it, then give it to me. I'll read it too. I've enjoyed all the books, I've read all of them except for 4 & 5 a couple times each. This one's going to have to wait though- right now I'm obsessed with the Dune books and I have the new Chuck Palahniuk waiting when I'm done with those. ;-D

Go ahead and turn up your nose B-Boy, some of us are secure enough in our masculinity to admit we've read Harry Potter. I assert that anyone from any age group that actually took the time to read one would enjoy it.

I started reading the books in '98, so that would have been when I was 10, and I believe HP was 10. It seems like every year she brings out a book, the kid is the same age as me.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 85)

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:34 am

I stick to watching the movies when they come out with my fiance. Neither of us have read a word of any of the books, but the movies aren't too bad. I've enjoyed each one. Books like that don't interest me when it comes to me choosing something to read, though, so before you tell me how the books are so much better than the movies, as I've been told 100 times, save it. ;-)
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 821)

Postby Rirruto » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:36 am

bigh0rt wrote:I stick to watching the movies when they come out with my fiance. Neither of us have read a word of any of the books, but the movies aren't too bad. I've enjoyed each one. Books like that don't interest me when it comes to me choosing something to read, though, so before you tell me how the books are so much better than the movies, as I've been told 100 times, save it. ;-)

Fiance? How old are you dude? I had the impression you were a college kid because I remember you mentioned you went to SUNY Albany cuz I go to Bing
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby so0perspam » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:37 am

bigh0rt wrote:I stick to watching the movies when they come out with my fiance. Neither of us have read a word of any of the books, but the movies aren't too bad. I've enjoyed each one. Books like that don't interest me when it comes to me choosing something to read, though, so before you tell me how the books are so much better than the movies, as I've been told 100 times, save it. ;-)

Haha, exact same boat as Hort here. Seen the movies, but probably won't ever touch the books. And yes I know, my loss. :-D
Last edited by so0perspam on Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Next

Return to General Talk