acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheYanks04 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:32 pm

Yeah The daily News has it too.

via Rotoworld:
According to the New York Daily News, sources are saying that Chien-Ming Wang has a torn rotator cuff in his shoulder.
We'll know for sure after he visits Dr. James Andrews on Monday, but it sure looks like his season is over. A complete tear would also make him a poor bet for 2006.

I guess maybe trading the chip while he had considerable value in hindsight might have been the thing to do after all. It just goes to show you that even when Cashman does the right thing by not selling off a good player, he manages to mess up the team. We likely wil not see Wang until 07 if then and his value is dubious at best.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby blankman » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:19 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:I guess maybe trading the chip while he had considerable value in hindsight might have been the thing to do after all. It just goes to show you that even when Cashman does the right thing by not selling off a good player, he manages to mess up the team. We likely wil not see Wang until 07 if then and his value is dubious at best.

That's ridiculous Yanks. Blaming Cashman for the injury? That's just garbage there.

Cashman did the right thing and the team just got unlucky.

Pinning this on Cashman is an utter disgrace Yanks.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:45 pm

I just threw up again :-P
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby WharfRat » Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:08 pm

blankman wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:I guess maybe trading the chip while he had considerable value in hindsight might have been the thing to do after all. It just goes to show you that even when Cashman does the right thing by not selling off a good player, he manages to mess up the team. We likely wil not see Wang until 07 if then and his value is dubious at best.

That's ridiculous Yanks. Blaming Cashman for the injury? That's just garbage there.

Cashman did the right thing and the team just got unlucky.

Pinning this on Cashman is an utter disgrace Yanks.

Yup. Cash did right, it's just rotten luck.
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby TheYanks04 » Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:17 am

Cashman is paid to win pennants and WS. Bottom line. And whether a good, bad or indeifferent move, its results are what matter. Bad luck...maybe. So what? Still another in the long line of pitching disaster moves by Clueless Brian. This guy could not get us a decent pitcher if he tried.

Right, wrong or indifferent, he made the call to keep Wang and he blew out his arm. The final result indicates it was a mistake. I would not even mention it had this guy not shown an uncanny ability to screw every pitching move up one way or the other. Bottom line is that George is not going to care whether it was the right move or not. The buck stopped with Clueless Brian and he blew the call. The Yanks are worse off for it.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby blankman » Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:47 am

TheYanks04 wrote:Cashman is paid to win pennants and WS. Bottom line. And whether a good, bad or indeifferent move, its results are what matter. Bad luck...maybe. So what? Still another in the long line of pitching disaster moves by Clueless Brian. This guy could not get us a decent pitcher if he tried.

Right, wrong or indifferent, he made the call to keep Wang and he blew out his arm. The final result indicates it was a mistake. I would not even mention it had this guy not shown an uncanny ability to screw every pitching move up one way or the other. Bottom line is that George is not going to care whether it was the right move or not. The buck stopped with Clueless Brian and he blew the call. The Yanks are worse off for it.

How the hell is it a disaster pitching move? Bringing him up saved the Yankees season.

Cashman blew out his arm. Riiiiiggghhhttt.

You're just being an ass at this point. Stop hating on him for one second and think about insane your blind hatred has made you become.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby WharfRat » Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:56 am

TheYanks04 wrote:Cashman is paid to win pennants and WS. Bottom line. And whether a good, bad or indeifferent move, its results are what matter. Bad luck...maybe. So what? Still another in the long line of pitching disaster moves by Clueless Brian. This guy could not get us a decent pitcher if he tried.

This is really some delusional thinking. You're blaming the GM for a guy getting hurt??? What's the matter with you? What if Pujols pulls a hammy. Is that Jocketty's fault for signing him?? Barmes got himself hurt - is that another poor move by O'Dowd? Or is Cashman the only one who should be blamed for his rookies' injuries? :-t :-t "The final result indicates it was a mistake"...that's some wacky logic right there.
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby dimaggio5 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:54 pm

Good News...Wang might not require surgery. At this point the doctors recommend treatment and rest. If all goes well then Wang might be able to return early next year. Good news for the Yanks long term starting rotation.

It's not just the Tradition.....its Aura and Mystique
dimaggio5
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby blankman » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:24 pm

dimaggio5 wrote:Good News...Wang might not require surgery. At this point the doctors recommend treatment and rest. If all goes well then Wang might be able to return early next year. Good news for the Yanks long term starting rotation.

I'm still expecting him to be out for the year but I read in the paper today that Wang needs 3 weeks before they can make a decision. He'll "undergo 2 weeks of "exercise protocol" and then begin a throwing program."

Lets cross our fingers. :-o
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Previous

Return to New York Yankees