Chien-Ming Wang ON DL!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Yankees

Chien-Ming Wang ON DL!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:20 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:Here are your words:

I was merely using it as a forewarning, but you're welcome to suit yourself, buddy. You've never listened before; might as well not start now...

Exactly what is that? You confront me with no backup or reasoning. Give me a break.

This is an attack? Where? Kindergarten? In context, it is what it is. A forewarning of something I had read previously. Nothing more, nothing less. Don't be so fragile.

I asked you to explain yourself, you didn't. On a message board, I've known it as attacking someone. I don't care what you call it. You were confronting me, with no backing or reason. I'm not being fragile, you're acting like a baby.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mweir145 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:22 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:Here are your words:

I was merely using it as a forewarning, but you're welcome to suit yourself, buddy. You've never listened before; might as well not start now...

Exactly what is that? You confront me with no backup or reasoning. Give me a break.

This is an attack? Where? Kindergarten? In context, it is what it is. A forewarning of something I had read previously. Nothing more, nothing less. Don't be so fragile.

Come on, It isn't that big a deal, just let it go. This has a large impact on both the fantasy scope of things in baseball, and could also mean big things in the AL East race this year. There is nothing wrong with posting something this important in nature in the place where the most people will get to respond. I sure saw a lot of Halladay threads, albeit he is arguably the best starting pitcher in Major League Baseball. :-D
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)

Postby Transmogrifier » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:35 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:This belongs in the injury forum, where there is already a thread on it...

Well, I guess it doesn't matter...

Please don't nitpick at this thread. Were you in the Roy Halladay thread or the several other breaking injury announcements?

There's an identical thread in the appropriate forum, which has been responded to, and pointed out to you, yet you insist upon ignoring it. If you check out the Suggestions Forum, you'll see that guys get little yellow cards next to their names for blatantly disregarding things of this nature. I was merely using it as a forewarning, but you're welcome to suit yourself, buddy. You've never listened before; might as well not start now...

big, let's not try to be pseudo-mods here. If you think a thread is in the wrong forum, hit the blue button. Don't start trouble. Thanks. ;-D
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:35 pm

I just threw up all over atrophies throw up :-P
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:46 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:This belongs in the injury forum, where there is already a thread on it...

Well, I guess it doesn't matter...

Please don't nitpick at this thread. Were you in the Roy Halladay thread or the several other breaking injury announcements?

There's an identical thread in the appropriate forum, which has been responded to, and pointed out to you, yet you insist upon ignoring it. If you check out the Suggestions Forum, you'll see that guys get little yellow cards next to their names for blatantly disregarding things of this nature. I was merely using it as a forewarning, but you're welcome to suit yourself, buddy. You've never listened before; might as well not start now...

big, let's not try to be pseudo-mods here. If you think a thread is in the wrong forum, hit the blue button. Don't start trouble. Thanks. ;-D

No problem Trans. I didn't want to blue button it because I thought that'd lead to Bronx getting into trouble or something. From now on though. ;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)

Postby MMoNeY24 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:58 pm

This is insane. A two man rotation with the other spots filled with guaranteed L's and Mussina/RJ aren't even guaranteed wins at this point. I would be happy with a split right now in this Red Sox series, but I'm doubting that. The hitting is gonna need to be completely dominating or else we're screwed.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby nsulham » Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:03 pm

acsguitar wrote:I just threw up all over atrophies throw up :-P

What is this, a Family Guy episode? :-b

In all seriousness though, this might actually help the Yankees for this series, crazy as that sounds. In the long run it will kill them but for this series maybe not as much as you think.

Boston's had some difficulties against lefties they haven't seen much, but since May was in the AL that might not be the case. redding, however, I'm pretty sure they haven't seen so don't be surprised if he does at least decently against them.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby blankman » Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:14 pm

nsulham wrote:
acsguitar wrote:I just threw up all over atrophies throw up :-P

What is this, a Family Guy episode? :-b

In all seriousness though, this might actually help the Yankees for this series, crazy as that sounds. In the long run it will kill them but for this series maybe not as much as you think.

Boston's had some difficulties against lefties they haven't seen much, but since May was in the AL that might not be the case. redding, however, I'm pretty sure they haven't seen so don't be surprised if he does at least decently against them.

If only that were true. May and Redding are terrible. The only way to win those games will be to outslug.

I think MLB went overboard with this rivalry to the point of being almost unfair to both teams. Start of the season, start of the second half and last games of the season all against each other.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby nsulham » Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:20 pm

Honestly, I'm beginning to see that myself too. It's at the point now where every regular season game between the two is hyped up beyond belief. Just play the games. No wonder outsiders are so damn sick of the rivalry.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby rocky123 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:03 pm

Was just watching ESPNNews and they were doing a small pre-game interview with Sean Mcdunaugh(sp?) and he said talk around the ballpark is that it's a rotator cuff and Wang may be out for the season 8-o :-/
Finally The Rock has come back....to New York City!!
rocky123
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to New York Yankees