Please vote: The most ridiculous statements ever made - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Please vote: The most ridiculous statements ever made

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Dans » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:20 pm

Dude, You've got a topless woman in your sig and you're calling him out for cursing? Come on.
Dans
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:24 pm

Dans wrote:Dude, You've got a topless woman in your sig and you're calling him out for cursing? Come on.

Considering I've checked with 2 Mods to make sure it was ok to have my sig on the boards, yes.

Get on me all you want. All I did was ask the guy to watch his language next time around, because he's not a long time poster (only 200 some odd posts). I didn't report him, "call him out", or any of that. I love how defensive people are, though. I'll remember to bring my kid gloves to the Cafe next time I'm posting.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:25 pm

OREO fan wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
blankman wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:Next time smell something else. We've got 13 year olds on the boards here, and Rule #1 is No swearin'.

Why quote the person and show the word again and also take away the ability to change it?

By showing the word again, aren't you making it worse?

And it's Rule #2 ;-)

Obviously, no to all 4.

I always forget no spittin' :-)

You're right on the Quote. I just wanted to get it up quickly. I'll edit 'er up now.

tough to call out a guy based on the presence of children when you have naked women in your sig

lmao :-b
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby blankman » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:26 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Dans wrote:Dude, You've got a topless woman in your sig and you're calling him out for cursing? Come on.

Considering I've checked with 2 Mods to make sure it was ok to have my sig on the boards, yes.

Get on me all you want. All I did was ask the guy to watch his language next time around, because he's not a long time poster (only 200 some odd posts). I didn't report him, "call him out", or any of that. I love how defensive people are, though. I'll remember to bring my kid gloves to the Cafe next time I'm posting.

The biggest point is to not quote the person and thus show it again, to make matters worse.

As for the sig, you stole (likely unknowingly) that pic from catch22's sig and avatar ;-)
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:29 pm

blankman wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

The biggest point is to not quote the person and thus show it again, to make matters worse.

As for the sig, you stole (likely unknowingly) that pic from catch22's sig and avatar ;-)

Yeah, that was pointed out in the Sig Forum, and it was unknowingly. I just like it too much to not keep it up at least a few more days. :-D Once the Mets get back to playing, I'll have to have a player in there.

And, i edited my quote, and responded to your methodology in the other thread. I'll certainly go that route from here forward. ;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby blankman » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:34 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
blankman wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

Yeah, that was pointed out in the Sig Forum, and it was unknowingly. I just like it too much to not keep it up at least a few more days. :-D Once the Mets get back to playing, I'll have to have a player in there.

And, i edited my quote, and responded to your methodology in the other thread. I'll certainly go that route from here forward. ;-D

;-D
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:35 pm

and back to the original topic :-B :-B

i would say a big NO to all 4 of your friends suggestions.....
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby tmoney » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:47 pm

Wow, tell him to check out http://www.enlexica.com/sp/bb/index.html to learn about baseball and statistics because he obviously has not idea what he is talking about. As everyone else has said, the answers to those questions are no. A simple glance at some statistics would show that these are no brainer questions. I suppose I can buy the whole afraid of Griffey being hurt argument, but seriously, Encarnacion is the best he could come up with? And there is no excuse for the Cabrera comment. And if anyone thinks the Mets having a big second half is going to make Kris Benson better than Matt Morris must not realize that the Cardinals have the second best record in baseball.
tmoney
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Yoda » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:54 pm

blankman wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

LOL... so true ;-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Iguana » Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:17 pm

For the record, as soon as I saw the complaint, I immediately edited my post to remove the offending word. Sorry I didn't realize that word was prohibited. My mistake.

Back to the topic at hand, my friend has no clue what he's talking about.
Iguana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers