Chacon to the Yanks? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Yankees

Chacon to the Yanks?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Chacon to the Yanks?

Postby WharfRat » Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:56 am

On ESPN this morning, the headline said the Yanks are rumored to be interested in going after Chacon, but it was an Insider story so I couldn't read any of it. Anyone know anything about it?
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:22 pm

Joe and Sid were talking a little bit about it on the Fan this morning. I think he'd be a starter until everyone gets healthy and probably take a long relief role when they are back.

I don't really like him though. They need to stop getting these NL pitchers. All they do is get wrecked in the AL East.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:35 pm

worst player ever :-t
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby MMoNeY24 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:00 pm

acsguitar wrote:worst player ever :-t

I'd rather him than that scrub Eric Milton we almost dumped salary on, but we made up for it with Wright anyway.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby bogie » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:48 am

Here is an article from the Denver Post. Interesting to see how this plys out but bottom line the Yankees need help and don't think Redding or May are the answers. Chacon probably isn't either.

Yankees look likely to grab Chacon
By Troy E. Renck
Denver Post Staff Writer

Before last season's final game, Shawn Chacon glanced at the TV and admired the New York Yankees' logo. He soon may be wearing their cap.

Less than 24 hours after making two trades, the Rockies moved closer Thursday to dealing Chacon to the Yankees. While the Texas Rangers and longshot San Diego Padres have shown interest, no one is pursuing Chacon as aggressively as the Yankees.

Not mandated to remove the $1 million remaining on Chacon's contract, the Rockies are motivated to put together the best deal.

"I don't want to know about every rumor," Chacon said. "I will go about my business and wait until somebody tells me it's time to go."

Chacon, 1-5 with a 4.30 ERA, has been among the Rockies' best starters when healthy, but his season has been undermined by three leg injuries.

A glance at the Yankees' rotation, which lost rookie Chien- Ming Wang to the disabled list Thursday, suggests a sense of urgency could soon develop since GMs Dan O'Dowd and the Yankees' Brian Cashman have a history of acting quickly.

For now, Tim Redding, today's starter, and Darrell May are filling the final two rotation spots.

According to multiple baseball sources, the Rockies have asked about Yankees Triple-A starter Sean Henn and major-league reliever Scott Proctor. Henn, a 24-year-old left-hander, rocketed through the Yankees' minor- league system before struggling in three big-league starts, going 0-3 with an 11.12 ERA. The right-handed Proctor throws harder - around 95 mph - but at age 28 no longer is a top prospect.

The Rangers have pursued Chacon off and on since last November and nearly acquired him at the winter meetings. The fact San Diego is in the National League West is expected to hinder the Padres' chances.

The Rockies are looking for a rotation opening to plug in newly acquired Zach Day when the opportunity presents itself.

"When everybody starts getting traded, I will really start wondering," said Chacon, who is next scheduled to pitch Tuesday at Washington.

Rockie reaction
bogie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby blankman » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:12 am

Henn and Proctor is too much. Henn has looked awful but he's still young. Proctor has shown flashes and I'm willing to give him some more time.

Chacon just sucks
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:39 am

Great a crappy injured pitcher .,.... Here in Denver the word is he will be traded today
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby WharfRat » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:01 pm

acsguitar wrote:Great a crappy injured pitcher .,.... Here in Denver the word is he will be traded today

Really...man this could happen quick. The way things go, I guess.

So it's possible we could have a rotation of Unit, Moose, Leiter, Chacon and (Redding? May? Henn?). Holy crapola.
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby TheYanks04 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:37 pm

Just sit back and contemplate the fact that people are talking about Shawn Chacon as some sort of commodity the NY YANKEES need. I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

If anyone really thinks Shawn Chacon is saviing us, a reliable stopgap, or anything but a complete stiff that will get lit up in the AL like the Denny Neagles of the past, they are smoking the same stuff Cashman was when he signed Jaret Wright. We have 2 mediocre starters (Moose and RJ) who both should be better but so far aren't. We have a bunch of DL'ed clowns and a rookie that just blew out his arm. We have replacement SPs that do not even belong in AA. This is going to win the pennant?
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:47 pm

Thats it I volunteer to pitch..I have a wicked knuckle ball!
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Return to New York Yankees