Adam Dunn - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Adam Dunn

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby beltrans_boy » Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:15 am

RynMan wrote:I agree with BB here. To me, Dunn is the most underrated player out there because people see his BA and label him as a bum. They neglect the approx. .400 OBP that the guy has. He works deep into counts looking for a pitch he can handle - hence why he winds up with alot of K's and Walks. If you are a believer that OBP and SLUG directly correlate very well with Runs Scored (which statistically they have been proven to do so), then how is Adam Dunn a bad hitter?

BB: I wouldn't say Dunn is a player you build a franchise around, simply because he isn't a great defensive player or clubhouse prescence. But I WOULD say he is the kind of guy that you build an offense around.

Why is he not hitting in the 2 hole?

I would have no problem building a team around Adam Dunn, just like I would have no problem building a team around a younger Barry Bonds. I've always said that clubhouse presence is overrated to the extreme in an individualistic team sport such as baseball. Stick him in LF, where his defense doesn't really matter, and you've got yourself a franchise player. Anyway, we agree in principle, just not in degree...

;-D

And why ISN'T he hitting 2nd? :-? Of course, the Reds are baseball's Twilight Zone these days...
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby beltrans_boy » Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:22 am

wrveres wrote:
Tavish wrote:Nuggets: Dunn has 14.7 Batting Win Shares, which is 13th in the MLB.

so does Craig Counsell .. ;-D

Counsell is exactly the type of player you build a franchise around. ;-7

If Dunn's career RC/27 wasn't almost 40% higher than Counsell's, I might be inclined to agree with you.
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby theclefe » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:05 am

wrveres wrote:
oh there was no sarcasm.
The dude is Roto Cancer.

But lets look at that shall we..

We know he is a .210 hitter with RISP.
and we know that he just hit his first sacrafice fly in two years ...

so what a .981 OPS with RISP tells me offhand, is that if there is a man standing on second base, I can pretty much count on Adam Dunn doing nothing but get a walk or strike out. Heck its been that way through out his carreer, but let me go and check ..

Yep ...
65 /ab's
14/H
27/BB
21/K ..

Thanks Adam... You are a big help to the team. ;-D ;-D
^
Sarcasm

Wow. Very Mark Bellhorn-esque. That must mean they should build the futrue of the red sox around him.
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 1)

Postby beltrans_boy » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:07 am

theclefe wrote:
wrveres wrote:
oh there was no sarcasm.
The dude is Roto Cancer.

so what a .981 OPS with RISP tells me offhand, is that if there is a man standing on second base, I can pretty much count on Adam Dunn doing nothing but get a walk or strike out. Heck its been that way through out his carreer, but let me go and check ..

Yep ...
65 /ab's
14/H
27/BB
21/K ..

^
Sarcasm

Wow. Very Mark Bellhorn-esque. That must mean they should build the futrue of the red sox around him.

Believe me, if the Sox could get their hands on Dunn, they would do it in a heartbeat. Epstein knows what he's doing.
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby This is the year » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:31 am

wrveres wrote:
Philly22 wrote:
wrveres wrote:
evil_beaver_dp wrote:"Come on...we all know what Adam Dunn's ultimate goal is. To be the first member of the 50/50/50 club.

50 Hrs/50 Rbis/50 Runs.

thats been a running joke around here for a long time ..

Adam Dunns' Career
BA with RISP ...

.210 ..

anybody want to guess as to what it is this year? ;-7

I can't sense any sarcasm there but you do know his OPS with RISP is .981 ;-)

oh there was no sarcasm.
The dude is Roto Cancer.

Yep ...
65 /ab's
14/H
27/BB
21/K ..

^
Sarcasm

Again the difference between roto and real baseball. Beltran's boy is spot on, if there was a way the Sox could get this guy without giving up the farm than it would be done. 41 walks and hits in 65 AB's and he's not helping the team? Did you take the short bus to the cafe today?
This is the year
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers