The Official "I've Lost So Much Respect For Sheff" Club - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The Official "I've Lost So Much Respect For Sheff" Club

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:21 pm

Matthias wrote:actually, he comes off as reasonable in this wash. post quote:

"Someone asked Sheffield if he didn't feel a sense of nationalism. What about the Olympics? he was asked. Doesn't he believe in the Olympics? Doesn't he believe in playing for his country?

"There's a big difference," he said. "If I won a medal for my country for the Olympics that's different. This is something you just made up.""

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01235.html

That makes me like Sheff a little bit, and takes away a lot of the poor taste I had in my mouth from comments I'd previously read. Definitely a good find. You've helped bring my thoughts on Sheff from downright awful to just poor. :-b

Thanks for posting, though. ;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 377)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jzfran » Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:27 pm

Without knowing much about Sheff in the beginning of his career (I live on the East Coast), I thought he was a fine, respectable ballplayer, but of late, his comments seem like they have become more frequent and he just sounds like a crybaby. I dislike him more than almost any other plaer in baseball, and not just because he is a Yankee.
jzfran
General Manager
General Manager

Postby agchris02 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:28 pm

OK ive only read the first two pages, but really, DID ANYONE (#*$$#&( LISTEN TO THE FULL AMOUNT OF WHAT HE SAID?!? Or did they just listen to the media crap?

He said his season ends when he gets paid, he doesnt want to participate in some crap (paraphrasing) that MLB came up with. He said, quite clearly, its not like the world cup is like the olympics, which woudl be an honor to play in for your country, this is just some publicity stunt by MLB he doesnt want to participate in -- which is ONE HUNDERED PERCENT TRUE.

Id like to see players play in the olympics but thatll never happen now that theyve pissed off the IOC over steriods. No reason to not participate in the IOC testing, but thats a whole other thread thats been hashed over thousands of times.

IN SHORT -- dont form an opinion off a media article unless you read it thourghly from multiple points.
Jackalope
agchris02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby agchris02 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:28 pm

Oh, by the way, I lost all respect for Sheff when he played for the braves -- I dont like anyone from there :).
Jackalope
agchris02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby DannyMyron89 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:30 am

sheff was speaking his mind on the world cup of baseball, which is a joke, he just has the balls to say whats on his mind....

we all know sheff isnt the nicest guy, or isnt the most classy player to put on the pinstripes, but hes not getting payed to be classy, or a role model...like someone said in here before hes getting played to smack the hell out of the ball, and hes doing that so i dont care what he says cause hes one of there most consitent hitters, especially against Boston....

and if the yankees do ever get into a brawl i certainly want sheff in my side ;-D

and wow idk if im speaking for myself on this one but is anyone else sick of that guy who just soley raves about his padres and tevor hoffman??
how did colon win the cy young??

the world is comming to an end...woody paige has a Hall of Fame vote
DannyMyron89
College Coach
College Coach

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:48 am

Its not sheffs fault that selig if a freaking idiot and scheduled this tourney for right before spring training so any injuries will carry right over...

Selig is an idiot and lots of players feel the same as sheff
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby DannyMyron89 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:55 pm

acsguitar wrote:Its not sheffs fault that selig if a freaking idiot and scheduled this tourney for right before spring training so any injuries will carry right over...

Selig is an idiot and lots of players feel the same as sheff

well said...we all know sheff is not a saint but well put...i know alot of players are excited about playing but i wish the players that dont wanna play can grow some balls and voice there opinion like sheff
how did colon win the cy young??

the world is comming to an end...woody paige has a Hall of Fame vote
DannyMyron89
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers