The Official "I've Lost So Much Respect For Sheff" Club - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The Official "I've Lost So Much Respect For Sheff" Club

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby davidmarver » Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:22 pm

I never said the Marlins didn't get a good deal out of it. Chalk one up for the Pad squad doesn't mean the Marlins couldn't have gotten a good deal there, as well.
Image
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6154
Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 5.5 Hole

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:24 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:dm, I never said it was a bad trade for the Padres. Believe it or not, there's such thing as a trade benefitting both teams. You don't have to have a clear cut winner.

But you are deeming the Padres the winner of that trade by writing "Chalk one up for the Pad Squad on that trade ;-D ".

Just because the trade was good for you doesn't mean it wasn't good for the Marlins. The Marlins got a championship out of that deal. To say that the Padres "won" that deal, is insane.

I'd agree. The trade worked out well for both sides.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 14716
Joined: 24 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby blankman » Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:28 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:dm, I never said it was a bad trade for the Padres. Believe it or not, there's such thing as a trade benefitting both teams. You don't have to have a clear cut winner.

But you are deeming the Padres the winner of that trade by writing "Chalk one up for the Pad Squad on that trade ;-D ".

Just because the trade was good for you doesn't mean it wasn't good for the Marlins. The Marlins got a championship out of that deal. To say that the Padres "won" that deal, is insane.

I'd agree. The trade worked out well for both sides.


Right.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10770
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:28 pm

WharfRat wrote: How much respect did people really have for Sheff to begin with? He's always been something of a mercenary and a problem-child. I'm glad he's performed as a Yankee, and it's easy to root for someone with his prodigious talent, but I also have never had the respect for him they way I do for guys like Jeter, Varitek, Bagwell, and other guys who want to win for winning's sake. I'm just glad there are guys like D-Train who do care about this sort of thing



Triple dog ditto..;-D
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 692)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:41 pm

davidmarver wrote:I never said the Marlins didn't get a good deal out of it. Chalk one up for the Pad squad doesn't mean the Marlins couldn't have gotten a good deal there, as well.


Then what does it mean?

You give a thumbs up after quoting the trade. Then you explain Hoffman's stats and say chalk that one up for the Padres. What other conclusion is there to draw from that?
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11949
(Past Year: 54)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:42 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
davidmarver wrote:I never said the Marlins didn't get a good deal out of it. Chalk one up for the Pad squad doesn't mean the Marlins couldn't have gotten a good deal there, as well.


Then what does it mean?

You give a thumbs up after quoting the trade. Then you explain Hoffman's stats and say chalk that one up for the Padres. What other conclusion is there to draw from that?


Agreed. That most certainly implies that the Padres "won" the trade, getting a better deal than the Marlins.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10770
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby davidmarver » Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:45 pm

blankman wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:
davidmarver wrote:I never said the Marlins didn't get a good deal out of it. Chalk one up for the Pad squad doesn't mean the Marlins couldn't have gotten a good deal there, as well.


Then what does it mean?

You give a thumbs up after quoting the trade. Then you explain Hoffman's stats and say chalk that one up for the Padres. What other conclusion is there to draw from that?


Agreed. That most certainly implies that the Padres "won" the trade, getting a better deal than the Marlins.

It was a good trade for the Padres...I don't know how I couldn't chalk that one up as a good trade. :-? . Where did I even mention how the Marlins end of the deal was? I'm speaking strictly Padres and from that you can chalk one up for us because it helped us more than it hurt us.
Image
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6154
Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 5.5 Hole

Postby ChoneJohn » Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:50 pm

i can't believe this is even a surprise to anyone? Sheff a dick? Say it ain't so!! C'mon, guys, he's burned almost every team he's been on with his attitude. Yeah, he's a fantasy stud, a warrior for playing through injury, and one of the most consistent ballers of our generation, but he's always been a grade-A prick. As ESPN Page 2 put it today, why does Sheff even think he'd be a lock for the team? Another spoiled athlete, ala D. Wells, opening his mouth when it would have just been better to shut the hell up.
Go Tigers!
ChoneJohn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 408
Joined: 3 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Big Papi's Pimps » Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:41 am

This is just an amusing little story about Sheff. He made an appearence Wed. night at Bronson Arroyo's record release party at the Avalon in Boston. Upon spotting him, Hillman from WAAF (a local rock station and the party's MC) said "What the hell is Gary Sheffield doing here? Get the hell out of here!!!" Security quickly escorted Sheffield out of the venue.

What was this psycho thinking?? He shows up at a party with hundreds of drunk Red Sox fans and whole Red Sox team, whom he had called out in a newspaper article earlier in the week. Was he looking for a fight??
Image

Pimpin' Aint Easy!!!
Big Papi's Pimps
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1067
Joined: 12 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Boston, MA - The City of Champions!!!

Postby This is the year » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:15 am

davidmarver wrote:Chalk one up for the Pad squad on that trade ;-D .


Goodness, not this again :-°
This is the year
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 700
Joined: 9 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Sunday, Oct. 26
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at San Francisco
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact