Current HOF players - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Current HOF players

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby blankman » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:04 pm

Atrophying Testicles wrote:Byung Hyung Kim is on the bubble.

:-b
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rirruto » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:43 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/st ... ess/050715

Skip Bayless seems to think Raffy isn't a HoFer
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Tavish » Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:19 pm

Atrophying Testicles wrote:Other random thoughts in no particular order.

Smoltz is in.

Glavine is on the bubble.

Curt Schilling is not a hall of famer.

Why is Smoltz in but Schilling not? The difference between the two is almost nothing other than Smoltz having a Cy Young award against Schilling's 3 second place finishes. Neither will make the 250 win plateau, and in every other major Hall criteria stat Schilling will beat out Smoltz. I don't think either make it, but it will depend on when they retire in comparison to the Big 4 pitchers from the era.

If all three (Glavine, Smoltz, Schilling) retired today Glavine would easily have the best shot at making it into the Hall. 2 Cy Young awards with the highest winning percentage and most wins amongst the three. He trails behind the other two in most of the other stats but not by so much that the Hall would take either one over him.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby WharfRat » Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:04 pm

Rirruto wrote:http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/st ... ess/050715

By Skip's litmus test, Raffy and Sosa are out but Schilling and Smoltz are in. :-? Pretty screwy test. I think the HoF should be based on a little more than gut reactions. The more I think about it, the more ludicrous his whole point is.
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby HOOTIE » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:21 pm

What's your opinion? To me Palmeiro is in. 9th most hrs, and will be the 27th guy with 3,000 hits. Players seem to believe he's been the most underrated, never grabbing the headlines. You don't have to win a mvp to get in. Just be a stud for 2 decades. Btw, he's never been on dl, which says alot in itself. His career ops+ is better then Murrays and Sosa as a example.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 296)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Rirruto » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:24 pm

HOOTIE wrote:

What's your opinion? To me Palmeiro is in. 9th most hrs, and will be the 27th guy with 3,000 hits. Players seem to believe he's been the most underrated, never grabbing the headlines. You don't have to win a mvp to get in. Just be a stud for 2 decades. Btw, he's never been on dl, which says alot in itself. His career ops+ is better then Murrays and Sosa as a example.

I think he is a sure-fire HoFer. The guy hit 38+ HR for 9 straight years, not even Babe, Willie, or Aaron did that. Raffy's stats are just straight up awesome, who cares if he's only made 4 All Star teams.

The only question is, does he go in as a Ranger or O? I haven't really followed him so I wouldn't know.
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:32 pm

Rirruto wrote:
HOOTIE wrote:

I think he is a sure-fire HoFer. The guy hit 38+ HR for 9 straight years, not even Babe, Willie, or Aaron did that. Raffy's stats are just straight up awesome, who cares if he's only made 4 All Star teams.

The only question is, does he go in as a Ranger or O? I haven't really followed him so I wouldn't know.

Don't forget his Gold Glove from a few years ago. ;-7
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby HOOTIE » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:37 pm

True, good call. Only the 4th guy in the 3,000/500 club. Nearly 600 doubles. This is a no brainer, i agree. Bayless seems to be clueless on this one. The funniest thing has to be the Cubs trading him because they said he didn't have power.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 296)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Rirruto » Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:00 am

Who thinks he will stick around for 600 homers? He's at 566 right now and still has power with 15 for the year. He's only on a 1 year deal right now so we'll have to see what happens after the season.
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby blankman » Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:30 am

Rirruto wrote:Who thinks he will stick around for 600 homers? He's at 566 right now and still has power with 15 for the year. He's only on a 1 year deal right now so we'll have to see what happens after the season.

Not me.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers