Francoeur's finally added to Yahoo... worth a spot? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Francoeur's finally added to Yahoo... worth a spot?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Francoeur's finally added to Yahoo... worth a spot?

Postby jnormy » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:26 am

So is he worth stashing for next year (opr even later this year)? I'm in first place in a 17-team keeper points league, lineups set weekly. I currently have Dave Roberts on my roster as a backup OF who hasn't played a game for me yet this year. My starting OF is Burrell, J. Guillen, and Beltran, with Mench as UTIL, Willy Taveras on the bench, and Jeremy Reed stashed on my minor league team.

Players are kept accd. to the round they're taken in the previous draft, so Roberts wouldn't be part of my plans for next year anyway. (Our minor league draft is at the end of this month, so I can add other prospects at that time.) Should I take a chance and put in my waiver bid (#6) for Francoeur? Is he so good as to be worth a spot at the end of my roster until next year?
jnormy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby HAC Wolves » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:52 pm

id do it if all im losing is #6 priority(not enough for Herandez or young) and DAve Roberts
Mariners for life

http://img87.echo.cx/img87/1927/paintballsig3xr.jpg

www.mccoypaintball.com
HAC Wolves
College Coach
College Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby raiders_umpire » Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:58 pm

with the #6 waiver wire priority,,, i would take the chance on franceour getting some playing time... if he gets the PT, he should produce some solid numbers.....
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mcqfesijiba » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:04 am

If you have the roster spot as others have said he's not a bad player to stash, but I don't believe he will be very productive for a couple of years even if he gets the PT right away. He was having some continued strike zone discipline problems in AA and isn't ready for the MLB in that regard so you might have to eat the lack of production for a while.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Minor League & College Baseball