What's the infatuation with MySpace? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

What's the infatuation with MySpace?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What's the infatuation with MySpace?

Postby Phatferd » Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:29 am

I am 21, so a lot of my friends and people my age spend their entire time on that damn thing. I absolutely can't stand it. I dunno why, I just think its retarted. I am so against it that my friends have created a page for me with pictures we have taken while partying and the sad thing is people really believe they are talking to me, not my friends who control it.

Anyway, the stupid site just reminds me of the quad at lunch from my High School. Have these people heard of a phone? Can't they just call these people and talk to them if they are that important? Can't they use AIM?

To me its a social status thing and thats what I find retarted about it. People want to show everyone who they hang out with and blah blah blah.

Sorry about the rant, but I just had a friend send me like 5 links to look at some girls from the site and it gives me a headache to look at the stupid pages on that site.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Half Massed » Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:39 am

well some people do get carried away with it. i never saw the big deal either, then i got one and it was addicting for a little while. :-o a lot of people keep their profile very current, so it's a place to see what friends are up to, let people know about this and that en masse, a place you know is always available for people to see, so if an old friend you lost touch with finds you, you can rekindle you relationship, etc. some people go into lots of detail so you can learn something about them as well. i agree that it's kinda sad when good friends rely on myspace to communicate, but it's basically an easier form of email that seems a lot more "personal" to many people than your classic letter format and all that. people do take it to far though...
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Phatferd » Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:48 am

Half Massed wrote:well some people do get carried away with it. i never saw the big deal either, then i got one and it was addicting for a little while. :-o a lot of people keep their profile very current, so it's a place to see what friends are up to, let people know about this and that en masse, a place you know is always available for people to see, so if an old friend you lost touch with finds you, you can rekindle you relationship, etc. some people go into lots of detail so you can learn something about them as well. i agree that it's kinda sad when good friends rely on myspace to communicate, but it's basically an easier form of email that seems a lot more "personal" to many people than your classic letter format and all that. people do take it to far though...

I get your point and understand it. I just think if the people were that important, you wouldn't have lost touch with them in the first place. To me its like leaving someone a voicemail or whatever, but you let the whole world hear it.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby beltrans_boy » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:37 am

You can stalk hot chicks you go to school with.

DUH!

;-D
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Oat Soda » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:43 am

beltrans_boy wrote:You can stalk hot chicks you go to school with.

DUH!

;-D

Absolutely. The only thing the internets are good for. Well, that and the cafe I guess.
Oat Soda
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby AT » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:20 am

I know 4 people that use it. My 2 cousins who are 15 and 13, the biggest geek in my office, and this geek I know through family friends. I'll pass. Besides, they aren't public so I can't make money off it. Too bad.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:23 am

myspace I've heard of it but I guess I don't really understand it.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby pokerplaya » Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:36 am

I'm fairly certain many people wouldn't understand our fascination with the Cafe. :-b
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby blankman » Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:42 am

Is it like Facebook? I know what that is, but not this myspace.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Trot Nixon » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:38 pm

blankman wrote:Is it like Facebook? I know what that is, but not this myspace.
Facebook was sooo addicting for like 2 days then became old, I know what Myspace is but don't feel like doing it
Thanks chipper!!!!

There is such a thing called clutch and David Ortiz is the modern day definition of it
Trot Nixon
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to General Talk