Why Give Cars to Multi-Millionaires? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Why Give Cars to Multi-Millionaires?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Deuce » Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:57 pm

I'm sure Miggie will do the right thing with his new can of mustard. Sometimes, I just like to stir things up. I probably would have fought on both sides of this argument. Besides, Chevy had to pay a whole lot more than the Mustard Yellow Corvete to be advertised during the Allstar game. And they have every right to give away cars in the hope someone may want wone like the Allstar MVP. (Mustard yellow though?)
The glass is neither half full nor half empty... It is simply a glass
Deuce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:12 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:As far as the car goes, I think it's a joke too. In fact I just said to my wife "Why does he need a freaking Corvette? He could buy 100 Corvettes if he wanted." It does really piss me off that these guys that make millions of dollars to play a game get free cars and stuff like that. It is a joke, but that's what you get when you put those who entertain us on another level...

My wife said the same thing. It's really retard... imo.

:-t
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 10)
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Big Pimpin » Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:16 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:As far as the car goes, I think it's a joke too. In fact I just said to my wife "Why does he need a freaking Corvette? He could buy 100 Corvettes if he wanted." It does really piss me off that these guys that make millions of dollars to play a game get free cars and stuff like that. It is a joke, but that's what you get when you put those who entertain us on another level...

My wife said the same thing. It's really retard... imo.

:-t

I just don't understand why people who make millions of dollars, whether it's through sports or tv or movies or whatever, need to get free stuff all the time. Either pay them less and give them free stuff, or keep paying them what they're paid and make them buy things. I just think it's ridiculous the way society works like that. I don't have that big of a problem with the car thing, it's just a larger problem with the way society works I suppose...
Last edited by Big Pimpin on Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby great gretzky » Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:19 pm

now that is a good point. I think Charles Barkley raised that point -- the more you make, the less you need to spend.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:22 pm

great gretzky wrote:now that is a good point. I think Charles Barkley raised that point -- the more you make, the less you need to spend.

So does that mean Biggie was wrong when he said, "Mo' money. Mo' problems."

:-b
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 10)
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby great gretzky » Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:33 pm

well biggie ended up with one really big problem ...

the diddy seems to be a living contrast to the song though. he is livin' large.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:20 pm

The bigger scam came when they gave the "lucky" fan a PT Cruiser when A.Jones hit the American Express sign in the HR Derby. That's the guy that shoulda been given the Vette. That poor man now has to pay taxes on a big P.O.S. that nobody in their right mind would buy in the first place.

Tejada may not need a Vette.. but atleast he wasn't handed the keys to that ugly purple PT. :-P
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Yoda » Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:29 pm

Complainers need a lesson in Economics 101. Make more money and you'll get more free stuff. Hell the gov't will even PAY you.

My boss has $100M in assets and got a $27,000 tax refund in for 04. I don't even want to know what he'll get for 05.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby thehat » Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:37 pm

The amount of money one makes has zero to do with something almost all of us have in common...we all LOVE to get free stuff.

For whatever reason, ours has become a society that is absolutely OBSESSED with knowing what the other guy is making, and then complaining about it in some fashion.

My conclusion is that it's mostly jealousy, although this will, of course, be strongly denied by those doing the complaining. And for those folks, my question is, simply, what other reason do you have to even care enough to bring it up in the first place?

Personally, I only care about one person's salary. Mine. Whatever anyone else makes or gets as a perk because they're famous is of zero concern to me.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby beltrans_boy » Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:39 pm

So I'm the only one who thinks that that money should go to the victims of the London bombings?

:-?
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers