check out collusion bust!! 2 teams managed by 1 owner! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

check out collusion bust!! 2 teams managed by 1 owner!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

check out collusion bust!! 2 teams managed by 1 owner!

Postby Juhlz » Mon Jun 09, 2003 5:53 pm

Thanks for the insight on previous post "what to do about blatant collusion. I started looking at posts from the league and tell me if these two posts are written by the same person:

(under one team name)
"I can make a trade if i WANT TO....dont insult me......i have a feeling that this trade will be in my favor....Posoda is gonna get hurt watch....as will a few others.....i just have that feeling...so what if i make a desperate trade...change is good...as for me being the same team as bleachure....who was there in the Draft room???? ANYONE REMEMBER??? i was taking SHIT TO HIM...how could i BE HIM...thats just funny none the same...if you think he is me and i am him..thats your business...haha"

(and under another team name)
"I have been trying to swing a big trade for the last couple of weeks. I offered a trade to Team Steriods early thisweek, and this is what we came up with. If the rest of you are jealous because we are doing a 10 player trade....then thats your problem. It's not like someone else couldnt have made a similar offer....NONE of you ever return any of my trade offers...so stop your whining. Isnt this the same league that was BITCHING up a storm last month because people were vetoing trades? So whats your problem NOW???"

notice the ALL CAPS, multiple ???, and the ....joining thoughts
The personalities seem ramarkably similar.

For those that didn't read the first post. These two teams were trying to trade with one team dumping players to the next. It was mentioned by someone that both teams look to be managed by the same person and looking at these two post supposedly written by two different people I am convinced they are the one in the same. As anyone ever seen this happen before and what did you/would you do about it?
Juhlz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Transmogrifier » Mon Jun 09, 2003 5:59 pm

Yeah, that's the same guy/gal.

In adition, he doesn't use apostrophes -- "isnt" "couldnt," "thats", etc.

And, who talks shit in a public draft? Seems like someone who needs a cover.

Sorry, man.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby timkell » Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:04 pm

Nice work, Detective Juhlz. My handwriting analysis agrees with your conclusions.

Hehehe.

Don't waste so much time. It looks suspicious. Veto the trades and tell the guy to get his ass out of the league if he wants to cheat.
timkell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bleach168 » Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:07 pm

For the record, that "bleachure" fella is not me.

Not sure they are the same person though. Due to our great school system, a lot of people write like that.

Veto the trade if it's stupid and from the sound of the first guy's post, it's pretty stupid.

Posoda is gonna get hurt watch....as will a few others.....i just have that feeling...so what if i make a desperate trade

I haven't even seen who is involved in the trade, but that has got to be the worst reasoning I've ever heard and the deal should be vetoed.
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)

Postby DGroundhog » Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:36 pm

Sure it looks like the same guy...but do YOU have any PROOF??? If you think its one owner then thats YOUR problem. Isnt this AMERICA where we are INNOCENT until...proven GUILTY???

Just kidding, yeah, it's the same guy.

[b][size=18]70*[/size][/b]
* Steroid induced record
DGroundhog
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby 9er Fan » Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:56 pm

Sure it looks like the same guy...but do YOU have any PROOF??? If you think its one owner then thats YOUR problem. Isnt this AMERICA where we are INNOCENT until...proven GUILTY???

Just kidding, yeah, it's the same guy.

ROFL
9er Fan
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby LetsPlay2 » Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:22 pm

What a dope that guy must be. It could not be clearer that those were written by the same person. Even Jon Benet's mom was able to disguise her handwriting.
LetsPlay2
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ramble2 » Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:52 pm

Definitely the same guy. That's hysterical. Great job catching him. Clearly this guy is not the sharpest pencil in the box.

Given that the league is all but ruined, you have to get back at him in some way. I wouldn't do anything to piss him off, instead you gotta have some fun with this. After all, if you can't have fun playing to win, you can have fun playing with this guy.

Here's an idea.

Can you get the emails of the other people in the league? If so, you might be able to coordinate a prank on this guy. Get everyone to pair up and start making crazy trades similar to the ones he's making with himself. Then have everyone start posting defensive messages similar to the ones he's been posting. But don't stop at pairing up just once. Keep pairing up until one team has the absolute dominant team. Then you can 'reveal' that, in fact, every team but the two he is managing is being managed by a single person.

I don't know, it's an idea. I'm going to post what happened to you on my league page and see if anyone can come up with a better prank.
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 5)

Postby timkell » Tue Jun 10, 2003 1:15 am

Here's a good one:
Pretend he doesn't exist. Never even acknowledge any post he EVER puts on the board.

If he's in first, congratulate the second place team on being in first.

He'll soon be going mad. He may even just give up on the league eventually. If not, it will just be pure entertainment to see him blow up over the season.
timkell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Nero » Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:02 am

ramble2 wrote:Definitely the same guy. That's hysterical. Great job catching him. Clearly this guy is not the sharpest pencil in the box.

Given that the league is all but ruined, you have to get back at him in some way. I wouldn't do anything to piss him off, instead you gotta have some fun with this. After all, if you can't have fun playing to win, you can have fun playing with this guy.

Here's an idea.

Can you get the emails of the other people in the league? If so, you might be able to coordinate a prank on this guy. Get everyone to pair up and start making crazy trades similar to the ones he's making with himself. Then have everyone start posting defensive messages similar to the ones he's been posting. But don't stop at pairing up just once. Keep pairing up until one team has the absolute dominant team. Then you can 'reveal' that, in fact, every team but the two he is managing is being managed by a single person.

I don't know, it's an idea. I'm going to post what happened to you on my league page and see if anyone can come up with a better prank.

I'm loving this idea...that will get his goat ;-D
Nero
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Baseball Leftovers