Baseball Glove Advice Wanted - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Baseball Glove Advice Wanted

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Baseball Glove Advice Wanted

Postby This is the year » Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:42 pm

My primary baseball glove just bit the dust, and I've recently been using a terrible backup that's going to fall apart any day now. I was wondering if anyone here had any advice about what brand/model they've had good experience with. I want to get a Nokona, but it might not be in the budget at the moment. I'll probably end up spending about $50. How can I maximize the quality I get for my dollar? I play catch or sandlot baseball about three times a week, so a durable brand would be ideal.

Alternatively, does anyone here have a used glove for a lefty thrower (right-handed glove) that they'd be willing to sell to a good home for a decent price? Please post or PM me if you do.

Thanks in advance guys, I'll be checking up on this thread very frequently
This is the year
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:12 pm

South paw eh... I'd go to like a sports store and just try them on.

I have a Kelly Custom Glove...its sweet was like 130$ But I'm a righty
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby MMoNeY24 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:44 pm

I have an Easton but it runs anywhere from $65-$95 from what I've seen and I use it as an infielder's glove. It also hase a gel pad built in near the palm so you barely even feel the ball hit the glove, and it breaks in very easily:

I'd recommend just going out to Sports Authority or Modells and seeing what they have, usually they have some reasonable ones that'll work well, and it'll be easier to find a lefty glove in person most likely. I've seen some gloves that are like pre-broken in (Wilson or Mizuno maybe, can't remember), for low prices which are also a good buy.

I also have a different Easton glove, an outfielding one that I don't really use but it's for righties... otherwise it's barely used and in good shape.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby This is the year » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:11 am

bump....anyone else? :-o
This is the year
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby AT » Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:35 pm

MMoNeY24 wrote:I have an Easton but it runs anywhere from $65-$95 from what I've seen and I use it as an infielder's glove. It also hase a gel pad built in near the palm so you barely even feel the ball hit the glove, and it breaks in very easily:

I'd recommend just going out to Sports Authority or Modells and seeing what they have, usually they have some reasonable ones that'll work well, and it'll be easier to find a lefty glove in person most likely. I've seen some gloves that are like pre-broken in (Wilson or Mizuno maybe, can't remember), for low prices which are also a good buy.

I also have a different Easton glove, an outfielding one that I don't really use but it's for righties... otherwise it's barely used and in good shape.

That's a mighty nice glove. I'm a righty and I've been playing softball for 4 years with a 20 year old spalding that's tied together with shoelaces in some places. I keeps it real.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby beltrans_boy » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:08 pm

MMoNeY24 wrote:I have an Easton but it runs anywhere from $65-$95 from what I've seen and I use it as an infielder's glove. It also hase a gel pad built in near the palm so you barely even feel the ball hit the glove, and it breaks in very easily:

That's the one I've got. I think I got it for $65 at Sport Chalet. You could probably find it cheaper if you shopped around. I love that glove, but every person has different taste. Go try them on, that's the only way to know for sure.
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby HAC Wolves » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:29 pm

if ur lookin cheap then what they showed you or a mizuno franchise series glove works but i love my Mizuno Pro Elite GZ15 its last years model. sickest glove ever. only problem is that it cost me 200 bucks
Mariners for life

http://img87.echo.cx/img87/1927/paintballsig3xr.jpg

www.mccoypaintball.com
HAC Wolves
College Coach
College Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby RyanK » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:36 pm

I have a nokona, and like it alot, was worth the money, 5 years ago, granted i had a 3 year hiatis from baseball.. If i was a lefty i have two old gloves id sell you, but im a righty, sorry.

Id say if you are looking used and have a play it again sports around or somethihng that sells used stuff check that out, they usualyl have good gloves that werent used very long

if you think your gonna be playing ball for a few more years look at spending 65-90 on that easton glove mentioned above, its a sturdy glove worth the money
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Return to General Talk