Covering the Bases - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Covering the Bases

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:57 am

Phatferd wrote:What a suprise. A Red Sox fan coming to the defense of a Red Sox player and trying to throw a Yankee into the fire.

I love it.

Not to argue this, but where exatcly did he attempt to throw Bernie into the fire? All he said was:

Nomar4prez wrote:Didn't Bernie Williams put out a CD a few years ago, and nobody cared?

That's throwing Bernie into the fire?

I can't name a single ballplayer other than Bernie and now Arroyo that has released a music CD. Why does mentioning that Bernie did it automatically make it a shot at the Yankees?

I don't get it.

Bernie releases a CD, the Cafe' talked about it.

Arroyo releases a CD, the Cafe' talks about it and someone mentions that Bernie did the same thing awhile back, but it's wrong to mention it? It's a shot at Bernie to say that Arroyo isn't the first one to do it? Please enlighten me as to what the problem is, because I just don't see an issue here. :-?

Now had he said that Arroyo's CD would rock, while Bernie's sucked since Bernie's a Yankee, I could see a big beef about it, but that's not anything close to what was said. What's the deal?
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PlayingWithFire » Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:55 am

Is "Destiny" a song in it or something?

Found it in Limewire...

...And I am loving it(the truth: still downloading)

Edit: no half as bad as you guys say, pretty good for a ballplayer in my opinion.

Nomar4Prez said it right: his stuff is better than 50% of stuff out there.

I am sure he sing better than Ashley Simpson(wait: that isn't saying much)

Pretty good, if someone want it. I'll try e-mailing.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Phatferd » Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:25 am

Phatferd wrote:What a suprise. A Red Sox fan coming to the defense of a Red Sox player and trying to throw a Yankee into the fire.

I love it.

It was a joke. Damn, didn't think people would get their panties in a bunch.

The reason I said it was mainly from the Leftovers forum and how it seems a lot of Yankee and Red Sox bickering going back and forth. The biggest example was the Kenny Rogers thread that turned into Boomers comments that turned into RJ yelling at a cameraman before the season.

Just a joke.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Madison » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:29 am

Phatferd wrote:

I love it.

The reason I said it was mainly from the Leftovers forum and how it seems a lot of Yankee and Red Sox bickering going back and forth. The biggest example was the Kenny Rogers thread that turned into Boomers comments that turned into RJ yelling at a cameraman before the season.

Just a joke.

Good to hear! ;-D

Sorry I missed that it was a joke. Oops. !+) Just been a little nuts with that sort of thing lately. Ah well, glad to hear you were just kidding around. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby AT » Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:54 am

What a surprise, a red sox fan comes to a red sox player's defense when he does something this flaming. Do you guys ever have something negative to say about your own players? At least I can throw my own guys under the bus when they deserve it like ARod wearing bright white high tops last night, Kevin Brown for breathing, and Sheff for demanding to be paid to play in the WB Classic.

Back to your boy Brandon. I mean Bronson. I heard him on Joe & Sid yesterday and I thought he was a great interview and very candid about the team and the attitude of the group. This all being said, I'd rather listen to Alan Greenspan talk about the deficit than Bronson Arroyo pretend to be Eddie Vedder. At least when Bernie does his music it's not like he's ruining anything that was ever good to start with.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Nomar4prez » Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:36 pm

Phatferd wrote:

I love it.

Just a joke.

Ok, sorry I got so worked up, but the last 3-4 posts I've responded to with a Yankee in it, I've been told that I was bashing him just because I was a Red Sox fan. Sorry for the blow up.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Nomar4prez » Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:38 pm

Atrophying Testicles wrote:What a surprise, a red sox fan comes to a red sox player's defense when he does something this flaming. Do you guys ever have something negative to say about your own players? At least I can throw my own guys under the bus when they deserve it like ARod wearing bright white high tops last night, Kevin Brown for breathing, and Sheff for demanding to be paid to play in the WB Classic.

Back to your boy Brandon. I mean Bronson. I heard him on Joe & Sid yesterday and I thought he was a great interview and very candid about the team and the attitude of the group. This all being said, I'd rather listen to Alan Greenspan talk about the deficit than Bronson Arroyo pretend to be Eddie Vedder. At least when Bernie does his music it's not like he's ruining anything that was ever good to start with.

Trust me, I could go on for pages about negative stuff about the Sox players, but I usually talk about those things with other Sox fans. No need to give the Yankee fans anymore ammo. :-b
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to General Talk