World Cup of Baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

World Cup of Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:38 pm

blankman wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:It's one thing when you say, "I don't think I'm going to participate and risk injury or something that could be detrimental to my real team, the New York Yankees."

It's another when you say, "My season is when I get paid." It's not like this is the first time he's said something like this. It happened a few weeks ago as well.

Hopefully there are alot of names there though, because it should be fun to watch.

You're cherry-picking parts of the interview in your crusade against Gary. (this is the 3rd thread you've bashed him in today)

Hell, today in the paper I read this (exactly)

"Sheffield, always opinionated said he had concerns about injuring himself in an exhibition game while he should be getting ready to start the Yankees' regular season. The right fielder also said the competition was contrived, and that winning would not feel like winning an Olympic gold medal, since only 16 nations would be represented."

Without the full interview and even the question he was replying to, you're making huge leaps to attack Gary Sheffield.

I posed this article in the New York Yankees forum and mentioned it here in response to AT's comment that he hopes everyone shows up. That is not a crusade to bash him.

I am not making leaps. He doesn't want to get hurt. That's fine. But why does he bring money into everything he does? "My season is when I get paid," and "Teams don't want to pay you for the extra stuff, leadership and fire."

Sheffield's a jerk. He's an amazing hitter and I root for him everytime he goes up to the plate, hell I even own him on my fantasy team. But he can be a jerk.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:51 pm

Well sure, but he's not doing anything wrong here. He obviously has a ton of problems with the whole idea of the tournament and money may be one of those but its hardly the only one; he wants to be healthy for the Yankees and he thinks the idea is contrived and I have to agree with him.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk