baltimore gets no respect.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

baltimore gets no respect....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who's going to win the AL East?

Yanks
31%
Sox
63%
Orioles
6%

Total votes : 49

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:03 pm

Yanks! ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stumpak » Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:21 pm

I'll tell you why the Orioles get no respect: they refuse to go out and get even one decent starting pitcher. Sure Bedard looked grreat this season, but would you really want to go into October with their staff? Ponson? A bum. Lopez/ Some nights he looks like an all-star, but he will completely melt down every third start. It is basically one proven crappy pitcher (Ponson) and a munch of younger guys who may pitch well but are who are erratic and totally unproven in a pennant race.

It is unbelievable to me that even after idiotically trading for Sosa over the off season, they refuse to make a move for pitching. It is as if they know that that have a really slim chance and are happy to stay close and fill the stadium, but won't make an agressive move. Can you imagine where they would be if they had spent the Sosa money on a good pitcher or two over the off-season?

Sure the Red Sox and Yanks have holes, but they at least have the potential to and are willing to try and fix their problems through trades.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Matthias » Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:37 pm

WharfRat wrote:I personally think the division is a complete tossup, with Boston with slightly better chances but the Orioles and the Yanks all with potential to take it. I think all three teams have their strengths and weaknesses, and basically it's a question of who can best avoid getting bit on the rear by their weaknesses. All three have powerful offenses with holes in their pitching, and I don't think there's all that much separating the three. I expect them all to be right there at the end - this will be a fun one, because I'm not convinced any of these teams will go out and get it like Anaheim or St. Louis.

But if you put a gun to my head, I say....Boston. :-t :-D

agree with everything above.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby nsulham » Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:37 pm

I'm more interested to see what the Switzerland people here say because it's obvious that Red Sox fans are going to pick the Red Sox and Yankee fans are going to pick the Yankees.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby WharfRat » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:42 pm

nsulham wrote:I'm more interested to see what the Switzerland people here say because it's obvious that Red Sox fans are going to pick the Red Sox and Yankee fans are going to pick the Yankees.

Yankee fan right here, picked the Sox.
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:43 pm

nsulham wrote:I'm more interested to see what the Switzerland people here say because it's obvious that Red Sox fans are going to pick the Red Sox and Yankee fans are going to pick the Yankees.

I picked the Sox, and I'm not partial towards or against the Sox or Yanks, compared to one another.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)

Postby nsulham » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:53 pm

WharfRat wrote:Yankee fan right here, picked the Sox.

Aside from you ;-D

bighOrt wrote:I picked the Sox, and I'm not partial towards or against the Sox or Yanks, compared to one another.

And you ;-D
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby blankman » Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:06 pm

bigh0rt wrote:

I picked the Sox, and I'm not partial towards or against the Sox or Yanks, compared to one another.

You're a Met fan. That doesn't count.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:07 pm

blankman wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

You're a Met fan. That doesn't count.

The man has a point. Though, I care for the Sox about as much as I do the Yanks, and if I thought the Yanks would win, I'd certainly say so. I think the Sox will hang tight, though, with the Yanks being the Wild Card.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)

Postby Transmogrifier » Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:14 pm

I'll just say that the O's get no respect because if they don't get a pitcher, they have no chance to win the East.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers