What to do about blantant collusion? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What to do about blantant collusion?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Transmogrifier » Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:03 pm

Interesting, JDH... I wanted to do that, too, but wasn't sure how to do it.

Anyway, another thing I just thought off: The guy is lying. It may be moot at this point, but Stewart isn't stealing anymore. The Jays aren't. Riccardi, like Beane, hates wasting outs... so they're just not running.

So this crap about tons of SB and runs is BS. I'm even in more favor of a veto.

I think Yahoo should install a system that checks IP addresses--it won't root out everything, but who knows.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jdh » Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:05 pm

They wouldn't want to restrict things based on IP address, because often you'll have people in the same family using the same computer with two different Yahoo accounts, and sometimes even with teams in the same private fantasy league.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Transmogrifier » Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:08 pm

True. There's got to be a way; unfortunately, my degree is in International Affairs, not computer science. Any ideas?
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby bleach168 » Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:12 pm

No one can prove collusion because no one admits to it. Therefore, the question is, do you veto stupidity?

I say yes!
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby Juhlz » Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:13 pm

thinking through the process, it would be pretty easy through cbs.sportsline (our league). If you have 2 e-mail accounts you can select the same league when initially searching for a league with open spots. If you have 2 accounts you can be 2 different people. He didn't even use a name on his second team. The owners names are David Meyer and Mr. Shoot Me Up. Anyway, he could have just logged in to his differnet teams during the draft and selected players back and forth or put one on auto-pilot. Whatever, some people will do anything to win - it's actually kind of funny that someone would try to do this just to win a league. It's not even for money. As far as the veto, I'm going to have to pull the trigger - I am definately the furthest thing from a trade nazi though. "no soup fuh you"
Juhlz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jdh » Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:21 pm

Another thing he could have done during the draft if he wanted to pick players live for both teams is run the draft applet in Internet Explorer for one team and log into the other team using another browser like Mozilla or Netscape.

I have two Yahoo accounts, because it only allows you 4 teams per account and I wanted to join more than 4 leagues. I have one Yahoo account set to autologin in IE, and the other to auto login in Mozilla.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Nero » Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:11 pm

IP address doesn't work because you can spoof them...and a good firewall will release a random false address to any site you go to

there's no way to prevent someone from getting both teams...

unless this guy has the same pattern of trading high for guys playing low in his other transactions I see this as clear collusion
Nero
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:45 pm

bleach168 wrote:No one can prove collusion because no one admits to it. Therefore, the question is, do you veto stupidity?

I say yes!

A-Freakin-MEN!!
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers