How's My Farm Team (Analyze Please) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

How's My Farm Team (Analyze Please)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How's My Farm Team (Analyze Please)

Postby PhilliesPhan24 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:14 pm

Hitters:
Delmon Young
Lastings Milledge
Kendry Morales
Shin-Soo Choo
Ian Stewart
Josh Bartfield
Michael Bourn
Miguel Montero

Pitchers:
Felix Hernandez
Jered Weaver
Zach Duke
Greg Miller
Edison Voloquez
Bobby Jenks
Chris Lambert

I know I have studs in Young and Hernandez, but how does the rest of my team shape out? It's a dynasty league, FYI. I really like how I managed to assemble this farm team. Only 7 of the players, out of 15, were selected in the Dynasty Draft (to start the league). The rest were added via free agency.

What do you guys think of some of the players?

Thanks!
PhilliesPhan24
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AT » Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:28 pm

How many other people were in this draft with you, 1?

Young and Hernandez are by far the 2 best prospects in the minors. Zach Duke is showing why he has been raved about for a while and Jered Weaver is a developing stud as well. I don't know much about Miller, Voloquez, or Lambert and Jenks has journey-man middle reliever written all over him so far. Ian Stewart is my favorite of your offensive players besides DelGod Young, with Morales and Montero you have some nice prospects and Bourn, Milledge, Barfield, and Choo aren't half bad either. You put together a nice squad I think. But what the hell do I know...
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby garf112 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:34 pm

Your hitting is great!

Pitching is always iffy, but Volquez has been great and supposedly has great stuff. Greg Miller is coming back from injury and was lights out before it. I'm a big Lambert fan, but that's because I went to Boston College. He is just learning how to pitch because he played in the Northeast and didn't get a ton of innings.

Jenks was a HUGE prospect before injuries. If he ever gets right, he has #1 starter stuff. But that's a big if.

Your team is pretty stacked. What else is available?
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 38)

Postby PhilliesPhan24 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:56 pm

At this point, the pickings are very slim.

I managed to draft neither Young or Felix. Everyone else was a draft choice.

I got lucky. The owner of young has Jim Thome, thanks to a previous owner, and really wanted a young 1B, much like a Casey Kotchman. So, I managed to work out a few strings and land Delmon without giving up a king's ransom.

And I got Felix in a deal that involved me getting Bonderman as well while giving up Hudson and Adam Miller.

I personally like Duke, Weaver, Felix, Delmon, and Morales best right now. But I am really banking on Ian Stewart being in the show after next season. I drafted Edgardo Alfonzo as a stop gap for one year only. But, I have Placido Polanco, who will hopefully get 3B eligibility next year.
PhilliesPhan24
College Coach
College Coach

Postby AT » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:53 pm

PhilliesPhan24 wrote:And I got Felix in a deal that involved me getting Bonderman as well while giving up Hudson and Adam Miller.

LOL. Nice move.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Minor League & College Baseball