The Homerun Derby is a Joke - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

The Homerun Derby is a Joke

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

The Homerun Derby is a Joke

Postby rad1030 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:02 am

The new format makes no sense at all. I want to see the best HR hitters in the game slugging it out. But this year we have guys like Ivan Rodriguez who has 6 homers at the break and Hee-seop Choi who didn't even get voted to the All-Star game! Vlad, Tejada and Manny are left out. What do you think about it.
:-t
The price of stamps will rise ever higher.
rad1030
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

User avatar

Posts: 18
Joined: 3 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby so0perspam » Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:03 am

What do you expect everyone to say? That they want to see Hee Seop Choi instead of Vlad, Miggy, or A-Rod? }:-)
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8653
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bay Area

Postby PlayingWithFire » Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:22 am

so0perspam wrote:What do you expect everyone to say? That they want to see Hee Seop Choi instead of Vlad, Miggy, or A-Rod? }:-)


i would much rather see Hideo Nomo hit than Choi. At least he may make it funny.

BTW: is Andruw Jones from Netherland?
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13262
Joined: 7 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Manhattan, KS

Postby curious_george_43545 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:27 am

hongfu_chen wrote:
so0perspam wrote:What do you expect everyone to say? That they want to see Hee Seop Choi instead of Vlad, Miggy, or A-Rod? }:-)


i would much rather see Hideo Nomo hit than Choi. At least he may make it funny.

BTW: is Andruw Jones from Netherland?


Full Name: Andruw Rudolf Jones
Born: 04/23/1977
Birthplace: Willemstad, Curacao
Image
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 5200
Joined: 27 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Ohio

Postby PlayingWithFire » Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:32 am

curious_george_43545 wrote:
hongfu_chen wrote:
so0perspam wrote:What do you expect everyone to say? That they want to see Hee Seop Choi instead of Vlad, Miggy, or A-Rod? }:-)


i would much rather see Hideo Nomo hit than Choi. At least he may make it funny.

BTW: is Andruw Jones from Netherland?


Full Name: Andruw Rudolf Jones
Born: 04/23/1977
Birthplace: Willemstad, Curacao


I said this cuz this year's HR derby theme is international and in one of the presentation on mlb.com, he was labeled "From Netherland"

Where is Curacao?
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13262
Joined: 7 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Manhattan, KS

Postby so0perspam » Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:36 am

hongfu_chen wrote:I said this cuz this year's HR derby theme is international and in one of the presentation on mlb.com, he was labeled "From Netherland"

Where is Curacao?


It's an island in the southern part of the Caribbean Sea and is the largest and most populous of the Windward Islands of the Netherlands Antilles, a self-governing part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands. :-D
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8653
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bay Area

Postby kimchi_chigae » Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:21 am

so0perspam wrote:
hongfu_chen wrote:I said this cuz this year's HR derby theme is international and in one of the presentation on mlb.com, he was labeled "From Netherland"

Where is Curacao?


It's an island in the southern part of the Caribbean Sea and is the largest and most populous of the Windward Islands of the Netherlands Antilles, a self-governing part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands. :-D


attaboy soop. ;-D

i had no idea andruw was from there...you learn something everyday, don't you? well...some don't and keep benching vernon wells...anyway, he has rudolf on his name? good for him baseball season only goes until october...he's busy during christmas. :*)
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 14875
(Past Year: 194)
Joined: 27 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Osaka Jail

Postby JTWood » Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:10 am

so0perspam wrote:
hongfu_chen wrote:I said this cuz this year's HR derby theme is international and in one of the presentation on mlb.com, he was labeled "From Netherland"

Where is Curacao?


It's an island in the southern part of the Caribbean Sea and is the largest and most populous of the Windward Islands of the Netherlands Antilles, a self-governing part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands. :-D

You could have saved yourself the hassle and simply linked us to Wikidpedia, you know?

;-)
Image
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 11508
Joined: 22 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Unincorporated Heaven

Postby LooseCannon » Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:58 am

JTWood wrote:
so0perspam wrote:
hongfu_chen wrote:I said this cuz this year's HR derby theme is international and in one of the presentation on mlb.com, he was labeled "From Netherland"

Where is Curacao?


It's an island in the southern part of the Caribbean Sea and is the largest and most populous of the Windward Islands of the Netherlands Antilles, a self-governing part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands. :-D

You could have saved yourself the hassle and simply linked us to Wikidpedia, you know?

;-)




Here ya go:

Image
Image

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4769
Joined: 17 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: In leather chair surfing the World Wide Web

Postby LooseCannon » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:09 am

IMO.for this whole format thing.....I bet a whole lot of the players they asked didn't want ot compete in the Derby.so they had to figure out a way to make it look like everyone did want to join....so they figure you have to be from a different country to compete...
Image

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4769
Joined: 17 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: In leather chair surfing the World Wide Web

Next

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact