The Homerun Derby is a Joke - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

The Homerun Derby is a Joke

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

The Homerun Derby is a Joke

Postby rad1030 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:02 am

The new format makes no sense at all. I want to see the best HR hitters in the game slugging it out. But this year we have guys like Ivan Rodriguez who has 6 homers at the break and Hee-seop Choi who didn't even get voted to the All-Star game! Vlad, Tejada and Manny are left out. What do you think about it.
:-t
The price of stamps will rise ever higher.
rad1030
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby so0perspam » Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:03 am

What do you expect everyone to say? That they want to see Hee Seop Choi instead of Vlad, Miggy, or A-Rod? }:-)
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PlayingWithFire » Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:22 am

so0perspam wrote:What do you expect everyone to say? That they want to see Hee Seop Choi instead of Vlad, Miggy, or A-Rod? }:-)

i would much rather see Hideo Nomo hit than Choi. At least he may make it funny.

BTW: is Andruw Jones from Netherland?
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby curious_george_43545 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:27 am

hongfu_chen wrote:
so0perspam wrote:What do you expect everyone to say? That they want to see Hee Seop Choi instead of Vlad, Miggy, or A-Rod? }:-)

i would much rather see Hideo Nomo hit than Choi. At least he may make it funny.

Full Name: Andruw Rudolf Jones
Born: 04/23/1977
Birthplace: Willemstad, Curacao
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby PlayingWithFire » Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:32 am

curious_george_43545 wrote:
hongfu_chen wrote:

Full Name: Andruw Rudolf Jones
Born: 04/23/1977
Birthplace: Willemstad, Curacao

I said this cuz this year's HR derby theme is international and in one of the presentation on mlb.com, he was labeled "From Netherland"

Where is Curacao?
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby so0perspam » Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:36 am

hongfu_chen wrote:I said this cuz this year's HR derby theme is international and in one of the presentation on mlb.com, he was labeled "From Netherland"

Where is Curacao?

It's an island in the southern part of the Caribbean Sea and is the largest and most populous of the Windward Islands of the Netherlands Antilles, a self-governing part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands. :-D
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby kimchi_chigae » Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:21 am

so0perspam wrote:
hongfu_chen wrote:I said this cuz this year's HR derby theme is international and in one of the presentation on mlb.com, he was labeled "From Netherland"

Where is Curacao?

It's an island in the southern part of the Caribbean Sea and is the largest and most populous of the Windward Islands of the Netherlands Antilles, a self-governing part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands. :-D

attaboy soop. ;-D

i had no idea andruw was from there...you learn something everyday, don't you? well...some don't and keep benching vernon wells...anyway, he has rudolf on his name? good for him baseball season only goes until october...he's busy during christmas. :*)
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby JTWood » Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:10 am

so0perspam wrote:

Where is Curacao?

You could have saved yourself the hassle and simply linked us to Wikidpedia, you know?

;-)
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby LooseCannon » Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:58 am

JTWood wrote:
so0perspam wrote:

Where is Curacao?

You could have saved yourself the hassle and simply linked us to Wikidpedia, you know?

;-)

Here ya go:

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LooseCannon » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:09 am

IMO.for this whole format thing.....I bet a whole lot of the players they asked didn't want ot compete in the Derby.so they had to figure out a way to make it look like everyone did want to join....so they figure you have to be from a different country to compete...

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk