Top Five Best 1-2 Punches in Baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Top Five Best 1-2 Punches in Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby MMoNeY24 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:40 pm

davidmarver wrote:I'd take Pujols, Rolen, Edmonds over Sheff, ARod, and Matsui.

It's close, but you'd probably change your opinion if you watched Matsui play everyday. He is THE guy you want up there no matter what, it seems like he always comes through.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Big Pimpin » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:16 am

What about Lugo, Cantu, Huff, and Travis Lee? Can't nobody beat any 2, 3, or 4 in that lineup.

Or Sweeney and ??? Who the hell hits for KC anyway?
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Mustangs989 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:46 am

blankman wrote:
Mustangs989 wrote:Just going off Runs Created this is how they stack up this year....It's obviously not perfect as injuries play a big part in this. I just decided it'd be interesting to see how everyone stacked up and decided to post it here.

Dlee/Aram 154.3
    Arod/Sheff 142.4
    Pujols/Edmonds 133.8
    Manny/Ortiz 131.8
    Mcab/Delgado 131.6
    Roberts/Mora 127.2
    Tex/Soriano 126.4
    Mora/Tejada 125.2

Nice post; do you have last year's numbers for the same players? Yes I know the batting order wasn't necessarily the same last season as well as from FA signings, but I think that part only affects Cabrera and Delgado.

Sure no problem ;-D

Also last year Bonds and Durham combined for 269.9 runs created which puts them 2nd behind Pujols/Edmonds. It really shows you how dominant Bonds is.
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Big Pimpin » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:51 am

Mustangs989 wrote:Also last year Bonds and Durham combined for 269.9 runs created which puts them 2nd behind Pujols/Edmonds. It really shows you how dominant Bonds is.

Wow! That's a crazy stat right there.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:58 am

Yanks 3-4-5 may be the best in quite some time at least from a stats point of view. Maris-Mantle-Berra was better...so were Ruth-Gehrig-Muesel, Keller-Dimaggio-Dickey. I am sure there are some others.

Ortiz and Ramirez probably edges out Arod/Sheff offensively...but not by a whole lot.

D. Lee and Aramis...Pujols and Edmonds are up there also. The way Lee is playing this season, he might carry it my himself.

And while defense is unrelated to offensive production, if you factor in that Arod is a 3b and Sheff a decent RF compared to Ortiz who is mostly a DH/beached whale 1b and Manny a pretty lousy LF (despite what Boston fans want to think) I still rather have our two.

Now if you want to talk about best hitter against TB in May or with a 5 run lead...there is one clear choice.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers