Will Pedro fade in the 2nd Half? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Will Pedro fade in the 2nd Half?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Will Pedro fade in the 2nd Half?

Postby LumberJack5 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:22 pm

Hes been pitching awesome all season. Can he really keep this up for a whole season? I think he will get hurt. What you guys think?
LumberJack5
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dannyolbb » Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:25 pm

The Mets have been giving him much more time off than the Red Sox ever did. I'm counting on him keeping this up all year.
dannyolbb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:43 pm

He's an Elite Pitcher and will do what Elite Pitchers do. I'd count on him being a Top 5 Fantasy SP in the second half.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 347)

Postby beltrans_boy » Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:44 pm

In my experience, never EVER try to predict player injuries...especially when it comes to pitchers. More often than not, it will come back to bite you.
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby gws226 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:14 pm

Pedro is a different pitcher this year then I ever saw in boston. It was great to see him dig deep into the tank today to pull off the win before the break. He has been on the shaky side of the "elite" pitchers the last few weeks, but I expect him to come to out strong the beginning of the second half, and willie will get him some rest where-ever he can.

Thats one thing I've got to note about Willie, he's been pretty big on getting players rest when they need it this year. Now if he can only work on some decent base management skills :-B

One concern I do have, is how Pedro reacts if/when the mets fade from the playoff pitcher. As stated above, he seems to have a different attitude towards the game in NY then he ever did in Boston... but will he revert back to his old pedro ways come august & the mets are 12 back?
If you found my advice helpful, please help me
gws226
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers