Minor Leaguer's MLB Value - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Minor Leaguer's MLB Value

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Minor Leaguer's MLB Value

Postby DaQ » Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:24 pm

Since most of you have minor league players on your "Minors" rosters, I was just curious how much they can net in a trade in a keeper league.

So, what do you think some of the top prospects can net you in a keeper league?:

Delmon?
Felix?
Prince?
Alex Gordon?
Justin Upton?
Rickie Weeks?

There are probably a few more Minor Leaguers who are in this upper echelon (Gordon/Upton just got drafted, but their potential is sky high), but what MLB players do you think they guys can get you?

P.S. I know this is a bit broad, so maybe just "trade" him with a player who plays that guy's position (ex. Delmon Young for an OF).
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby theclefe » Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:35 am

I got Felix and a draft pick in a trade for Greg Maddux and Marino Riveria last year. None of the other top guys have been traded in my league yet, but as the other managers have become more prospect savy, I would expect they would go for a decent price.
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 1)

Postby DaQ » Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:40 pm

theclefe wrote:I got Felix and a draft pick in a trade for Greg Maddux and Marino Riveria last year. None of the other top guys have been traded in my league yet, but as the other managers have become more prospect savy, I would expect they would go for a decent price.

Interesting. So, figure the draft pick = Maddux, Felix netted Mariano Rivera? Damn. I can see it happening too.

I have Delmon, Felix and Alex Gordon, but don't plan on trading them...at least for now.

Anyone else have an idea?
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DaQ » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:57 pm

bump ;-D
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Postby HAC Wolves » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:15 pm

i wouldnt trade felix but if i did it would have to be for a future top 3 round pick that is also quite young. Examples of players i would take for him are Bonderman, Peavy, Harden all three of which are aces and would be worthy of a pitcher of felix's caliber

Young has the potential to be the Next Pujols as in a top pick in many leagues for years to come
Mariners for life

http://img87.echo.cx/img87/1927/paintballsig3xr.jpg

www.mccoypaintball.com
HAC Wolves
College Coach
College Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby daullaz » Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:30 pm

DaQ wrote:
theclefe wrote:I got Felix and a draft pick in a trade for Greg Maddux and Marino Riveria last year. None of the other top guys have been traded in my league yet, but as the other managers have become more prospect savy, I would expect they would go for a decent price.

Interesting. So, figure the draft pick = Maddux, Felix netted Mariano Rivera? Damn. I can see it happening too.

I have Delmon, Felix and Alex Gordon, but don't plan on trading them...at least for now.

I would trade one of those guys only if you can get Ian Kinsler. ;-) }:-)
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby DaQ » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:19 am

daullaz wrote:
DaQ wrote:

I would trade one of those guys only if you can get Ian Kinsler. ;-) }:-)

Funny guy :-D. I may consider Jason Kubel too Daullaz :*)

I'm not actually going to trade any of them, but seeing what players they could get is interesting.

I heard Delmon is tearing up the Minors and is Majors-ready while Felix has done very well so far in the PCL.
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jnormy » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:48 am

Even though he's currently in the majors, I had Ervin Santana on my minor league keeper roster, and a couple of weeks ago traded him and Jay Gibbons for Carlos Beltran. So having a promising young pitcher in my minor league system helped net me a preseason top 5 fantasy player, a prime buy-low candidate. Now if only Carlos can turn it around in the second half...
jnormy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:59 am

jnormy wrote:Even though he's currently in the majors, I had Ervin Santana on my minor league keeper roster, and a couple of weeks ago traded him and Jay Gibbons for Carlos Beltran. So having a promising young pitcher in my minor league system helped net me a preseason top 5 fantasy player, a prime buy-low candidate. Now if only Carlos can turn it around in the second half...

Holy crap. 8-o
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby ensanimal » Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:02 pm

SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:
jnormy wrote:Even though he's currently in the majors, I had Ervin Santana on my minor league keeper roster, and a couple of weeks ago traded him and Jay Gibbons for Carlos Beltran. So having a promising young pitcher in my minor league system helped net me a preseason top 5 fantasy player, a prime buy-low candidate. Now if only Carlos can turn it around in the second half...

Holy crap. 8-o

couldn't have said it better 8-o

i've been wondering the same thing, as i'm debating whether i should deal ian stewart to someone so i can try and keep my 1st place standing this year.

thought, ideas on who i could possibly be aiming for. what type of player should i target with a top prospect? :-?
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 112)

Next

Return to Minor League & College Baseball