Anyone got any cool autographs? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Cards and Memorabilia

Anyone got any cool autographs?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby AT » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:22 pm

Otto Graham, Pee Wee Reese, Bob Feller from my grandfather who played a celebrity golf outing with them. Whitey Ford, Ron Guidry, Mel Allen, Tommy John, David Cone, Don Mattingly, Pete Rose, Bud Harrelson, Carl Banks, Joe Durso (Personalized on his Joe DiMaggio book), 10-12 players from one of the mid 90's Giants teams that sucked (Rodney Hampton and Dave Brown were their best players at the time, haha), and Bobby Rahal. That's probably it. I keep saying I'm going to get my '96 World Series Game 6 Ticket Autographed by Joe Girardi but I never get to the park early enough. I have that sucker plaqued up with a panorama of the celebration on the field. I should bring it to a signing show and get it autographed.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby beltrans_boy » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:50 pm

I've got Miguel Cabrera, Josh Beckett, Mike Lowell, Lenny Harris, Mike Redman, Jack McKeon, Nate Bump, Justin Wayne and Wil Cordero on a baseball bat.
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby beltrans_boy » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:51 pm

Oh, and I have a 94 8-o World Series ball waiting to be autographed by Bud Selig and then firmly implanted in the side of his skull.
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DGroundhog » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:39 am

No desire to get sports personalities autographs, though I've met several thru work or just going out on the town.

The only autograph I have asked for was Mary Carey's, but I won't tell you what she autographed.

;-D

[b][size=18]70*[/size][/b]
* Steroid induced record
DGroundhog
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Madison » Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:11 am

DGroundhog wrote:The only autograph I have asked for was Mary Carey's, but I won't tell you what she autographed.

;-D

Golly gee, I bet it was a video box, or a DVD box.

Won't try to guess the title, even though I probably could. :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby go_jays_go » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:31 am

I got an autograph from Cito Gaston when I was really little, he signed like 10 balls for my family. :-D
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby baseball6791 » Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:10 pm

I was at Giants spring training a couple of years ago pre-2001, I think I was in Middle school at the time, and waited for 2 hours outside the Giants locker room once practice was over just to get Bonds and Kent's autographs. My dad, who was with me, was getting really pissed and wanted to head to the next game we were going to (a Cubs game at Ho-Ho-Kam? Park, which is really a nice place to watch a game) and kept saying that I could get the autograph later, but I wouldn't leave. Finally Bonds and Kent came out (the last 2 players out) and I ended up getting both of their autographs on the same ball :-b . It was really fun and super-cool getting to meet both of them, despite later learning from my dad that Bonds was a complete a**hole to us, saying to my dad while he was signing the ball, "So how much are you paying him (gesturing towards me) to do this?"

I also got Eddie George's autograph on a Texas Rangers cap, kind of long story, but basically I was at a baseball camp at Stanford and we each were put on a MLB team and got a hat from that team, and I was the Rangers. One day during camp we saw Jerry Rice and Eddie George training on the field next to us. Rice wouldn't sign anything but Eddie signed a bunch of autographs, and the Rangers hat being the only signable thing I had with me he signed that.

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby angles » Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:16 am

chad hermansen signed baseball gard pirates
angles
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby RFay8585 » Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:05 am

several HOFers -

sparky, berra, brock, carlton, carter, cepeda, fingers, feller, ford, gibson, jenkins, kaline, kell, killebrew, lasorda, marichal, niekro, perry, rizzuto, roberts, brooks, ryan, seaver, slaughter, snider, spahn, wilhelm, billy williams, doerr, bob lemon, musial, mays, kiner, sutton, schoendienst

notable current -

vlad, maddux, schilling, piazza, dwright, buehrle, wagner, damon, c-zam, benitez, glavine, drew, clement

mostly on cards, a few baseball and 8x10s.

some in person at hof weekend. mays most expensive. cost 95 for him to sign an 8x10 in person in 2003

most through mail

all authenticated
RFay8585
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Fantasy ExpertCafe Writer

Postby Jivedude » Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:06 am

Jivedude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter