weather to wreak havoc for lineups this week - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

weather to wreak havoc for lineups this week

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

weather to wreak havoc for lineups this week

Postby BillyMafia » Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:49 am

Anyone notice a lot of bad weather forecasted for the midwest this week? I have both Sweeney and Beltran and it would be very hard for me to bench them but severe weather expected almost every day in KC. I know since this is interleague they will try to get them in and play double headers but what is your experience with this and does anyone have a list of teams to AVOID this week due to bad weather? I will try to look up and post myself.
BillyMafia
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BillyMafia » Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:05 am

This was from CBS Sportsline Fantasy Planning Ahead section.

Weather reports aren't overly favorable, although because of interleague play, any rainouts are likely to be rescheduled as doubleheaders the next day, much like the Boston at Pittsburgh double dip June 4. Rain might threaten the final two games of Arizona at Kansas City Wednesday and Thursday; Florida at Milwaukee on Thursday; San Francisco at Kansas City on Friday; the final two games of Colorado at Detroit, Los Angeles at Cleveland, Milwaukee at Baltimore and St. Louis at N.Y. Yankees Saturday and Sunday; Florida at Texas, Philadelphia at Cincinnati and San Diego at Chicago White Sox on Saturday; and Houston at Boston on Sunday. Minnesota, Pittsburgh, Seattle, Tampa Bay and Toronto play all their games in weatherproof parks. ...
BillyMafia
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jdh » Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:13 am

Like the said on CBS Sportsline, they absolutely have to get the games in through doubleheaders or playing them in the middle of the night if necessary during interleague, because the two teams won't see each other again. So, it's probably safe to assume that all games will be played this week. The only possible thing to be concerned with if you're in an h2h league where the week ends Sunday is that most teams have Monday off and if games are cancelled over the weekend, they could be pushed to Monday. That said, I think you pretty much have to start your studs. Even if you somehow only get 4 games out of Sweeney and Beltran, it's probably just as productive as 6 games out of whoever would be on your bench.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby 4Pack » Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:45 pm

Hmmmm...how the hell will rain threaten the Milwaukee-Florida game? The Brewers play inside also!
4Pack

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby 4Pack » Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:46 pm

Hmmmm...how the hell will rain threaten the Milwaukee-Florida game? The Brewers play inside also!
4Pack

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:19 pm

the stadium has leaks. seriously, its not enough to cancel the game but its only a few years old and it already leaks. stupid bud cant do anything right.

Return to Baseball Leftovers