David Wells: Why Doesnt he Shut up?> - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

David Wells: Why Doesnt he Shut up?>

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

David Wells: Why Doesnt he Shut up?>

Postby Strasil42 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:18 am

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sp ... 099012.htm

Quote:
Boston Red Sox pitcher David Wells said he understands why Texas Rangers pitcher Kenny Rogers shoved two cameramen, comparing the situation to a sexual assault.

''Some guy's being aggressive with a woman, and she says no, and he keeps on doing it. Well, you know what's going to happen. No is no in anything, when it comes to sexual or you know, whatever it is. No is no,'' Wells said during an appearance on Rhode Island radio station WSKO on Friday. 'And I'm sure Kenny said, `Hey, get it out of my face, don't do it.' But no, they want the big story, they want the scoop, you know?'' Wells added: "I probably would have done the same thing.''
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LooseCannon » Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:49 am

He's an idiot.... :-t

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby George_Foreman » Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:51 am

kenny rogers = would-be rape victim. ;-7

thanks, mr. wells.
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Nomar4prez » Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:11 pm

Haha, they completely butchered that interview. I guess they decided to not mention the rest of the interview that actually had some very good points? Oh, right, b/c that would be good journalism.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RyanK » Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:12 pm

should I bother defending him on this.......

kinda....

Okay so Wells used a bit of an extreme anaolgy, but it does get the point across, he is comparing how Rogers probably said "stop or no" yet the cameraman/reporter kept trying to get the story, cause Rogers to get frustrated and end up doing what he did...

Wells is still an idiot, okay, I wouldnt doubt that too much
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby blankman » Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:14 pm

Nomar4prez wrote:Haha, they completely butchered that interview. I guess they decided to not mention the rest of the interview that actually had some very good points? Oh, right, b/c that would be good journalism.

No matter what else he said in the interview, that doesn't excuse how stupid those comments were.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Strasil42 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:24 pm

blankman wrote:
Nomar4prez wrote:Haha, they completely butchered that interview. I guess they decided to not mention the rest of the interview that actually had some very good points? Oh, right, b/c that would be good journalism.

No matter what else he said in the interview, that doesn't excuse how stupid those comments were.

Ya, why would you even try defending wells after a comment like that.

Wells added: "I probably would have done the same thing.'' :-t :-t
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:37 pm

I don't think this is a giant deal, really. I mean, the premise of his comments are spot on, but Boomer isn't exactly Hemmingway with his words, and you've got to be certain he was going to be asked about this as a fellow AL Pitcher with a spotted past. Truth be told, if I were in the lime light the way these guys are, dealing with a lot of the BS they take from the media day in and day out, I might be liable to do the same thing; and I really don't think anybody can say otherwise unless they're put in anything remotely similar.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)

Postby Nomar4prez » Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:53 pm

Strasil42 wrote:
blankman wrote:

Ya, why would you even try defending wells after a comment like that.

Wells added: "I probably would have done the same thing.'' :-t :-t

So, you'd rather him lie, and say he'd never do such a thing? He's being honest.....I can respect that. He also said that the cameraman was a slimeball, and the whole going to the hospital was just some lame excuse to be on TV more. I'm sure that wink he gave to the other reporters was just to let them know he was ok..... :-P
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby WharfRat » Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:41 pm

So in the Boomer's world, a public figure with a camera trained on him is similar to a girl about to get date-raped. I don't see it. Poor, poor multi-million dollar ballplayers. :~( :-t

I can understand a guy not wanting to talk to the media, and I can understand a guy hating the media. The media are in a galaxy of suck in many ways. But if you don't want to be a public figure, then don't play Major League Baseball. Otherwise, shut the %$@ up about it.

Nomar4Prez - can you post the rest of the interview? Frankly, I don't see how a couple decent points make up for comments as retarded as those above, but I'd like to read them, if you can find them (or retype/summarize if it was audio/video?) Thanks.
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers