It's almost time - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

It's almost time

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:22 am

theclefe wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:Billingsley,,, i just love the kid,, will be pitching in a great home park and imo is the 3rd best SP propsect in the minors right now.....

Wood,,,, i am a little weary of drew and wood has been smashing the ball this year,,, 28 homeruns with a 300 BA is not bad at all for a 20 year old prospect...

lastly i would probably take papelbon for 2 main reasons... he is almost major league ready and would make some good trade bait if there is a big time red sox fan in the league with you..... i would imagine once papelbon's name gets mentioned next spring as a potential starter in boston, that the red sox fanatic would probably overpay for him... ;-D

Who would you put ahead of Billingsley? Felix and... Miller?

yes i have felix and miller ahead of chad.... even with millers injury this year,, he still will be a stud... in fact i saw him pitch last thursday nite for clevelands high A club and he looked fantastic just as he did last year... the fastball was popping the mit and the curve was solid... i figure he will stay here in Kinston for a couple more weeks before moving up to Akron(clevelands AA).... i am saying he will be in AAA next spring before moving on to Cleveland next summer.....
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby HAC Wolves » Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:19 pm

what about verlander??
Mariners for life

http://img87.echo.cx/img87/1927/paintballsig3xr.jpg

www.mccoypaintball.com
HAC Wolves
College Coach
College Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby stevethumb » Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:06 pm

so0perspam wrote:Chad Billingsley vs. Yusmeiro Petit

Brandon Wood vs. Stephen Drew

Javier Herrera vs. John Papelbon vs. Kendry Morales
......bingo!
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby carter » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:32 pm

Stephen Drew
Yusmeiro Petit
Brandon Wood
Javier Herrera
John Papelbon

those are the 5 i would choose from, the hitters have great upside.. Billingsley is too risky and likely to take a big FLOP on us.. actually, he already is (4.22 era, still shaky with the BBs)
carter
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 14)

Postby Jenkins » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:25 pm

Yusmeiro is a stud, he probably has the best control of anyone. He also has four plus pitches. He will definitely make an impact.

Papelbon will be good too for his value, but I try to stay away from AL East pitching.

The others are coin flips
Jenkins
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby hybrid » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:20 pm

carter wrote:those are the 5 i would choose from, the hitters have great upside.. Billingsley is too risky and likely to take a big FLOP on us.. actually, he already is (4.22 era, still shaky with the BBs)

If you looked more at Billingsley's stats you would see why your impression is pretty far off. Billingsley has actually had a very good year, his only trouble has been against Montgomery Biscuits (the team Delmon was on). If you take away those starts he has a mid 2 era aainst the rest of AA, that's very good for a 20 year old.

Also he is walking a lot less people this year then last year, showing a lot of progress. All this while still being young for the league, so I really don't see at all where your coming from with him being this big "flop".

Edit: A few hours after I type this I see BA agrees with me. They just came out with a mid-season top 25, Billingsley is 7th on that list. The only pitcher they rate as a better prospect is Felix.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Previous

Return to Minor League & College Baseball