jhonny peralta... is this for real??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

jhonny peralta... is this for real???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

jhonny peralta... is this for real???

Postby killercars » Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:35 pm

he's hit in 11 straight now... and has had multiple hits in 7 or 8 of those games... the power's coming... what is this???

is he for real? what were some preseason predictions on him and where do you see him the rest of the year and in the future...

do i drop ryan howard for him???

10 team roto keeper

thanks all

mike
killercars
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Box » Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:55 pm

He always been a good hitter but was a defensive liability coming up. He's probably more of a true 3rd baseman. Now that Alex Cora isnt around to steal PT, he should have a daily job. Probably wont steal many bases.

Reasonable prediction is about .280-.290 20+HR
Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BobbyRoberto » Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:03 pm

The pre-season projections I saw for Peralta were right around a .270-.280 batting average with 11 homers, 50-ish runs and 50-ish RBI. Obviously, he's on pace to do a lot better than that this season.

I've been keeping an eye on him for a while, expecting him to slump, but so far, he's been solid.
Roger Angell: I was talking with Bob Gibson and I said: 'Are you always this competitive?' He said: 'Oh, I think so. I got a three-year old daughter, and I've played about 500 games of tic-tac-toe with her and she hasn't beat me yet.'
BobbyRoberto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby Apollo » Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:19 am

.280-.290 with 20+ homers was always kind of the upper-end of what he could do in his prime, not what he could be expected to do this year. That he's played as well as he has is a surprise, but he's been solid for a while now. He could keep it up.
Apollo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Irish » Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:41 am

Apollo wrote:.280-.290 with 20+ homers was always kind of the upper-end of what he could do in his prime, not what he could be expected to do this year. That he's played as well as he has is a surprise, but he's been solid for a while now. He could keep it up.

Wait for the pitcher adjustment down-swing.
BILL HALL EN FUEGO!
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Members Only Jackets » Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:51 am

Check out his AAA numbers...he killed the ball and hit for power.

He's this months F lopez minus the occasional SB. Lopez has 14 Hr's, Peralta has 11...and this is while he was sharing time w/ Cora and batting 9th, going thru an opening season slump.

I'm hoping for 25 HR's total.
Members Only Jackets
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Krunk City King$ » Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:16 am

Members Only Jackets wrote:Check out his AAA numbers...he killed the ball and hit for power.

i also heard that he was the world league mvp or player of the year or something like that......

in other words, he is kinda good......

;-D

i wonder if he will move up in the order if sizemore keeps cooling off?

???
:-?
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby AT » Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:39 am

Yeah he was a minor league player of the year at some level or another. I actually had him on my SS depth chart before drafting this year after reading something Peter Gammons wrote about how the kid could play. I picked him up for a while in the middle of the season and had it not been for the juggernaut play of my team I would've kept him around. I saw him play on Friday night and yesterday at the stadium. The kid has great at bats, good discipline, a nice swing, he's huge for a SS, and from what I can tell kid can rake. Given his position and that lineup, he's definitely a guy who you want for a deep keeper league. Only thing that bugs me is that he bats 9th in Cleveland's lineup. I bet that changes next year.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby armstrong » Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:20 pm

Yea he's always been a great hitter in the minors. he was called up last year for a little while, and he struggled. I believe he won the AAA mvp a year ago if i'm not mistaken.... well anyway, i could deffinetly see him a 20-25 homer guy and a .280-.290 average hitter in his future.
armstrong
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jblank » Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:12 pm

Irish wrote:
Apollo wrote:.280-.290 with 20+ homers was always kind of the upper-end of what he could do in his prime, not what he could be expected to do this year. That he's played as well as he has is a surprise, but he's been solid for a while now. He could keep it up.

Wait for the pitcher adjustment down-swing.

Just out of curiousity, is there any player that you like? It seems like you dont like anyone.

Anyway, I like the kid. If they were gonna adjust to him, they would have done it at this point. If anything, it looks like the opposite has happened as he is peaking later in the season.
jblank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers