ACT Score - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

ACT Score

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby PlayingWithFire » Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:04 am

damn Beltran_boy's score made me wonder if I can make it to KU. :-D

I got a 29. 34 on math, 25 on English(not bad consider that English is my 2nd language), 26 in Science !+) , 29 in grammar :-[

Well, I am pretty sure that score is good enough for KU.

But I want to go to East Coast School.... :-[

I'll try again... O:-)

Wish me luck :-D
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby beltrans_boy » Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:13 am

hongfu_chen wrote:damn Beltran_boy's score made me wonder if I can make it to KU. :-D

I got a 29. 34 on math, 25 on English(not bad consider that English is my 2nd language), 26 in Science !+) , 29 in grammar :-[

Well, I got a 32, but my HS GPA was also right around 2.7 (and I had a 4.0 junior and senior year, so draw your own conclusions). Oh yeah, and I had quite a few disciplinary problems at school. Let's just say that education wasn't at the top of my list of priorities. I still got into a decent college.

I wouldn't worry much about it. 29 is a very good score, and I'm willing to bet you have a MUCH better high school resume than I did.
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby PlayingWithFire » Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:21 am

beltrans_boy wrote:
hongfu_chen wrote:damn Beltran_boy's score made me wonder if I can make it to KU. :-D

Well, I got a 32, but my HS GPA was also right around 2.7 (and I had a 4.0 junior and senior year, so draw your own conclusions). Oh yeah, and I had quite a few disciplinary problems at school. Let's just say that education wasn't at the top of my list of priorities. I still got into a decent college.

I wouldn't worry much about it. 29 is a very good score, and I'm willing to bet you have a MUCH better high school resume than I did.

No, I don't. I got a GPA of about 3 which is dead middle of the class :-t

And I am sure my sports won't help me too much.(I don't remember me having a shutout outing this year :-P .....And I am a relieve pitcher)
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby beltrans_boy » Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:28 am

hongfu_chen wrote:
beltrans_boy wrote:

No, I don't. I got a GPA of about 3 which is dead middle of the class :-t

And I am sure my sports won't help me too much.(I don't remember me having a shutout outing this year :-P .....And I am a relieve pitcher)

Better to be dead middle of the class than dead last. I was in the lower 30% of my class GPA-wise. Oh, and if you take out junior and senior year (when I realized I was knee-deep in $hit if I didn't get my act together), I was hovering around the 10% mark.

I think you'll be fine...
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Madison » Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:33 am

I never took the ACT. :-? Never had a reason to, and the colleges didn't seem to care much about it, so I didn't bother. :-?
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby beltrans_boy » Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:37 am

Madison wrote:I never took the ACT. :-? Never had a reason to, and the colleges didn't seem to care much about it, so I didn't bother. :-?

Yeah, clown college usually doesn't care.

;-7

I kid, I kid...

but how bout them A's?

;-D ;-D ;-D
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Madison » Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:46 am

beltrans_boy wrote:
Madison wrote:I never took the ACT. :-? Never had a reason to, and the colleges didn't seem to care much about it, so I didn't bother. :-?

;-7

I kid, I kid...

but how bout them A's?

;-D ;-D ;-D

Lol. :-b

Actually, the biggest name college I was talking to was Duke, but I had a 4.2 GPA on a 4.0 scale (extra weighted college level classes in high school, so extra GPA points), so all they cared about was what my SAT score would look like that way we could get the scholarship percentages worked out.

The A's? Finally got to .500 today, didn't they? Not bad considering the start they had ;-D , but I still don't see them making the playoffs. We'll see though. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby beltrans_boy » Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:53 am

Madison wrote:
beltrans_boy wrote:

;-7

I kid, I kid...

but how bout them A's?

;-D ;-D ;-D

Actually, the biggest name college I was talking to was Duke, but I had a 4.2 GPA on a 4.0 scale (extra weighted college level classes in high school, so extra GPA points), so all they cared about was what my SAT score would look like that way we could get the scholarship percentages worked out.

The A's? Finally got to .500 today, didn't they? Not bad considering the start they had ;-D , but I still don't see them making the playoffs. We'll see though. ;-)

Wow, Duke...great school. Is that where you ended up going, if you don't mind me asking? I could only dream of going to a school like Duke, I really should've busted my balls a lot harder in high school, but hindsight is 20/20...
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Madison » Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:03 am

beltrans_boy wrote:
Madison wrote:
beltrans_boy wrote:

;-7

I kid, I kid...

but how bout them A's?

;-D ;-D ;-D

Wow, Duke...great school. Is that where you ended up going, if you don't mind me asking? I could only dream of going to a school like Duke, I really should've busted my balls a lot harder in high school, but hindsight is 20/20...

Nah, I ended up skipping college. Just didn't see the need for it, and I don't regret the decision at all, other than going to college would have saved me from my first marriage that didn't last as long as college does. !+) 3 1/2 years for my first marriage. No kids or anything, but a real waste of those years of my life !+) .

Ah well, still not complaining though. Life is good. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Spiegs1106 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:26 am

Madison, what do you do for a job now?
Spiegs1106
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk