Yankee Hijacking - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yankee Hijacking

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Half Massed » Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:29 am

matmat wrote:
Matthias wrote:
matmat wrote:can you believe how poorly May is pitching right now?

don't. it's really not funny to anybody but you.

maybe so, but it is important for me to be amused.

amen.

yankee's fans should stop whining about this thread. no one's getting mad at you guys for starting threads when some possibly important yankee news comes up. it's the highjacking of other threads that's causing people to get mad. any thread highjacking is annoying, it just seems that a lot of it happens by yankee's fans, which is probably due to the great number of them on the cafe rather than the propensity of yankee's fans to highjack threads. there's no personal attacks going on here, as far as i know, so don't get indignant and just realize that there are other places to voice you're concerns about yankeedom than a thread on another topic. either way, thread highjacking is not good stuff and should be stopped regardless of whether its a yankee fan doing it or not.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AT » Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:47 am

nsulham wrote:Actually WR I do have to agree with you on some parts here. There are days when I look at the main page and a good chunk of the subjects are Yankee-related...and then I look into other threads in which I'm not expecting to see anything Yankee and I find it.

I think it comes from being the team that EVERYONE has an opinion on. You either love them or hate them and like it or not, every little thing they do makes news.

Honestly...Red Sox fans are just as bad. They're everywhere and given their success the last 2 years there's a 90% chance that their bandwagon fair weather bums. For a red sox fan to complain about the prevalence of yankee fans everywhere is hypocritical. There shouldn't even be an argument about it. It's a fact.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby nsulham » Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:57 am

Atrophying Testicles wrote:
nsulham wrote:Actually WR I do have to agree with you on some parts here. There are days when I look at the main page and a good chunk of the subjects are Yankee-related...and then I look into other threads in which I'm not expecting to see anything Yankee and I find it.

I think it comes from being the team that EVERYONE has an opinion on. You either love them or hate them and like it or not, every little thing they do makes news.

Honestly...Red Sox fans are just as bad. They're everywhere and given their success the last 2 years there's a 90% chance that their bandwagon fair weather bums. For a red sox fan to complain about the prevalence of yankee fans everywhere is hypocritical. There shouldn't even be an argument about it. It's a fact.

Fair enough but the topic isn't about Red Sox fans, it's about Yankee fans. If you want to start a Red Sox-hating thread and bash them go right on ahead but let's leave this thread for what it is. I'm not saying there aren't Red Sox fans like that but this isn't the thread to discuss it.

We've had enough off-track threads lately :-b
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby George_Foreman » Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:25 am

well, as long we're on the topic of some (not necessarily all) yankee fans hijacking threads, i think AT has a valid point that some redsox fans do the same thing. (although in my casual forum browsing experience, it is more often a yankee fan than a redsox fan doing the hijacking. in worst-case scenarios, they work in tandem and hijack the thread in to a sox vs. yanks discussion. *shudders*)

either way, it would be better if people in general stuck to the topic the thread was about. but if we really want to get serious about this, we should have some moding action going on with regard to this type of thread hijacking. rather than asking people politely (which i have a hunch will not not be entirely adequate to resolve the problem), we should empower a mod or hampster or other internet rodent to deal with the problem directly, pointing out to posters when they are getting off topic and perhaps deleting offending posts. i personally think such a mamal should only delete posts on the worst circumstances, but i do think a regulatory beast could be a good thing.

anyhow, how 'bout them braves?
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:51 pm

I'd love to see topics that start off as something completely different not generate down into a talk about the Yankees only worth a damn prospect, Mark Kotsay, Jeter being snubbed, steroids, Brian Cashman, etc. etc. That'd be super sweet.

I'd also like to see more started threads that belong in the NYY Forum, stay there. I think a lot of Yank fans at the Cafe have some great viewpoints and are informative with valuable information, but a lot of them are the clear cut worst offenders of the 'hijacking' in question, as well as the starting of the above mentioned threads. I wouldn't even put the Red Sox fans in the same breath, as far as the Cafe goes.

So, I think if that is alleviated, we'll be all fine and dandy. ;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 818)

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:09 pm

baseball6791 wrote:have you been meeting with Rico's therapist :-? 8-o

rico lives! he's now "Rico the Cute Puppy" at the Football Cafe.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby blankman » Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:23 pm

Both of these topics are about one thing: blame someone else.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby jjaeger » Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:30 pm

Atrophying Testicles wrote:Honestly...Red Sox fans are just as bad. They're everywhere and given their success the last 2 years there's a 90% chance that their bandwagon fair weather bums. For a red sox fan to complain about the prevalence of yankee fans everywhere is hypocritical. There shouldn't even be an argument about it. It's a fact.

I agree. White Sox fans must have something better to do than run their mouths in the forums. Bless their twelve little diehard hearts.

-jjaeger [Chicago fan]
jjaeger
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:37 pm

jjaeger wrote:
Atrophying Testicles wrote:Honestly...Red Sox fans are just as bad. They're everywhere and given their success the last 2 years there's a 90% chance that their bandwagon fair weather bums. For a red sox fan to complain about the prevalence of yankee fans everywhere is hypocritical. There shouldn't even be an argument about it. It's a fact.

I agree. White Sox fans must have something better to do than run their mouths in the forums. Bless their twelve little diehard hearts.

-jjaeger [Chicago fan]

ha, said the cubs fan with a Todd Hollandsworth Avatar. ;-7
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby jjaeger » Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:44 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
ha, said the cubs fan with a Todd Hollandsworth Avatar. ;-7

CHICAGO fan...CHICAGO fan... I just think it is sad that the best performing team in baseball cannot even sell out its games. Perhaps if the Cubs fall totally out of contention, they will see more traffic.

Oh, and Hollandsworth looks like he should be on a Big League Chew package and that's good enough for my avatar :-D

-jjaeger [Chicago fan]
jjaeger
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers