Yankee Hijacking - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yankee Hijacking

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yankee Hijacking

Postby wrveres » Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:20 am

while we apparently have all of your attention with your little whine in, maybe US MINORITIES can get you to read this ...

I am tired of reading thru things like the Matt Lawton trade rumor thread, to find three pages of why the Carl Pavono signing was horrible, and how Chris Benson ruined the FA market. Its just one example of thousands of course, but it is rare that one can go into a thread with out finding it hi jacked by a yankee FAN ...not the team ... a FAN!

Please stop.

Oh and just so you know .. It is a running joke around here for the better part of three years now, that Leftovers should just be renamed the Yankees Forum because of you Yankee FANS .. not the team ... the FANS, absolute blantant refusal to use your own damn forum, and constantly and I do mean constantly, Hijacking other threads ..

oh and quik note to all of you Yankee FANS, who would like to hijack this thread and carry on with your whine in here, please stop.

This is the Yankee Hijacking thread. :-b
The Yankee whine thread is over there.

The arrogance is amazing!! :-t
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 757)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:24 am

What happened to "walking away" wrveres?

While there is already a thread dealing with this, you choose to make yet another Yankee thread, something you're complaining about.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby nsulham » Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:32 am

Actually WR I do have to agree with you on some parts here. There are days when I look at the main page and a good chunk of the subjects are Yankee-related...and then I look into other threads in which I'm not expecting to see anything Yankee and I find it.

I think it comes from being the team that EVERYONE has an opinion on. You either love them or hate them and like it or not, every little thing they do makes news.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:35 am

Wr, I'm not going to tell you that Yankee fans don't hijack threads, because I know it happens often. But I don't do it. I don't take Matt Lawton threads and turn them into Yankee threads. But constantly I am adressed in a group. "You Yankee fans.." That's what I get. I don't do it. Don't throw me into that group. Not all fans think alike and do the same things, regardless of whether the cheer for the same team.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby mweir145 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:37 am

Well obviously there are alot of Yankee fans at this cafe...
Big news is put in the Leftovers usually, and if a Yankee fan puts up a thread about Quantrill being traded or Melky Cabrera being called up, I can't see why anybody would have a problem with that. They are just putting it in a place where the most people can read it, and guess what alot of the cafe dwellers are Yankee fans, and they read the baseball leftovers more often than the Yankee forum so this is in fact very conveniant for many fans.

If the Jays made a trade like Orlando Hudson and Chacin for some prospects, I would likely report it here and in the Jays forum. This would be an attempt to gain the most exposure possible so more people know about it. The cafe is supposed to be about spreading baseball knowledge and information, not keeping it holed up.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby wrveres » Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:45 am

BronXBombers51 wrote:Wr, I'm not going to tell you that Yankee fans don't hijack threads, because I know it happens often. But I don't do it. I don't take Matt Lawton threads and turn them into Yankee threads. But constantly I am adressed in a group. "You Yankee fans.." That's what I get. I don't do it. Don't throw me into that group. Not all fans think alike and do the same things, regardless of whether the cheer for the same team.

interesting ..
didn't just yesterday you group all Padres fans when we were dicussing Roberts? ;-)
Rafael

wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:46 am

mweir145 wrote:If the Jays made a trade like Orlando Hudson and Chacin for some prospects, I would likely report it here and in the Jays forum. This would be an attempt to gain the most exposure possible so more people know about it. The cafe is supposed to be about spreading baseball knowledge and information, not keeping it holed up.

That was my impression, but I haven't been aroung very long. From now on I'll keep the minor trades like the Quantrill deal in the Yankee forum. I don't make a habit of hijacking existing threads though, and don't plan to. I'll try to be more conscience of Yankee news going in the Yankee forum.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby matmat » Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:47 am

the yankees should get corey patterson to play center field in columbus.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:49 am

wrveres wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:Wr, I'm not going to tell you that Yankee fans don't hijack threads, because I know it happens often. But I don't do it. I don't take Matt Lawton threads and turn them into Yankee threads. But constantly I am adressed in a group. "You Yankee fans.." That's what I get. I don't do it. Don't throw me into that group. Not all fans think alike and do the same things, regardless of whether the cheer for the same team.

interesting ..
didn't just yesterday you group all Padres fans when we were dicussing Roberts? ;-)

I was fooling around, and believe I made that very clear later in the thread. You and davidmarver were in the Quantrill thread, and were the only two Padre fans in the Roberts thread as well. I was just joking around, hence the ;-) smiley. I apologized for any misunderstanding later on in that thread, I'm not sure if you saw it or not.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby wrveres » Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:01 am

BronXBombers51 wrote:
wrveres wrote:

interesting ..

I was fooling around, and believe I made that very clear later in the thread. You and davidmarver were in the Quantrill thread, and were the only two Padre fans in the Roberts thread as well. I was just joking around, hence the ;-) smiley. I apologized for any misunderstanding later on in that thread, I'm not sure if you saw it or not.

and I took it as tounge in cheek .. ;-D
But as the thread continued, The Padre fans were getting piled on, and you got scouped up in my response. ;-)

All I am saying is, it gets real old real quik seeing Yankees posted everywhere in here. I realize you have no control over ESPN shoving them down our throat 24-7. I come in here to escape them. I also realize you do not have a direct line to Cashman. But all of the Yankee FANS here, do have control over the hi-jacking. If you want to discuss the Pavano and Benson signings, start a new thread, or even better, do a search, cus' I know for a fact that they were discussed Ad- nauseam here in the cafe, when they happened.
Rafael

wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers