100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

"yankee hating"

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby nsulham » Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:23 am

soxwillchoke wrote:
nsulham wrote:
soxwillchoke wrote:
nsulham wrote:With a name like soxwillchoke I might ask you the same thing :-?

nsulman, I know that you've been a part of the problem on this board with respects to this issue so don't even try to call anyone out.

Then you would also know that I haven't started anything in a while.

Sorry but with a name like soxwillchoke you have almost zero credibility on certain issues.

It'd be like someone with a yankeessuck name...you'd immediately dismiss anything they had to say about the Yankees.

LMAO

Talk about narcissism!

Which Sox do you think I’m talking about? Are your Red Sox the only Sox in first place?

The world doesn’t revolve around you pal.

And how long is a while, a couple of months - when your team wasn't in first place?

Look I REALLY wanna see this thing die so I'm just gonna say my peace and then you can do whatever you want.

Could your name be referring to the White Sox and not the Red Sox? Absolutely.

Could I have known that? Absolutely not.

If you polled almost everyone here and asked them who they thought your name was talking about, it'd be the Red Sox. Why? Because up until last year, the word choke and Sox went hand in hand to anyone who wanted to taunt us Red Sox fans.

I'm not saying it's right at all but when someone says Sox around here it's almost certain they're talking about the Red Sox so with a name like soxwillchoke, assumptions are going to be made and that shouldn't surprise you.

Wanna make sure people know where you're coming from? Make an anti-White Sox banner (actually don't because we don't need anymore of that but it's just a point). Otherwise don't be shocked when people assume wrongly what your name means.

Thank you.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nsulham » Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:26 am

wrveres wrote:
blankman wrote:I think it really all starts with the Mods. If they'll allow the snide comments (which are mostly from fans of neither the Yankees or the Sox) then its hard for us to police everyone as I know I've attempted to do with a few Sox and Yankee fans. In nearly all cases, the bashing individuals just will not listen to the non-Mods.

If a standard was set, that there are consequences for comments that are simply hateful to another team or its fans and that you cannot recklessly bash any team without consequences, I think thats the easiest way to facilitate a change.

this is from the KING of snide remarks ... ?? ?? ?? ?? 8-o 8-o 8-o

do you own a mirror?

In all fairness WR, blank has gotten a lot better with the remarks. A lot of that comes with sticking to mainly Yankee posts which is a smart idea.

Yes you can post in any thread you damn well choose but by going into other threads which you KNOW will cause the worst in you to come out, you're asking for trouble and I think blank has realized that lately, as a lot of us have.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby baseball6791 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:33 am

this is the STUPIDEST thread I have seen for a while. just finish it... its done. yanks and sox fans can agree to disagree and that's the end of it. blank, nsulham, bronxbombers, yanks04, etc. have all been doing much better jobs of that lately. there has been less straight up stupid S*** like "oh well the yankees suck even more than us now" "well who has more world series rings" :^ etc. honestly if sox and yanks fans want to have civilized arguements in which they can back up their points with facts that is fine with me. it is stupid threads like this that end up making the whole situation escalte. just leave it. please... for all of our sakes

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby soxwillchoke » Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:34 am

BronXBombers51 wrote:
soxwillchoke wrote:
nsulham wrote:
soxwillchoke wrote:
nsulham wrote:With a name like soxwillchoke I might ask you the same thing :-?

nsulman, I know that you've been a part of the problem on this board with respects to this issue so don't even try to call anyone out.

Then you would also know that I haven't started anything in a while.

Sorry but with a name like soxwillchoke you have almost zero credibility on certain issues.

It'd be like someone with a yankeessuck name...you'd immediately dismiss anything they had to say about the Yankees.

LMAO

Talk about narcissism!

Which Sox do you think I’m talking about? Are your Red Sox the only Sox in first place?

The world doesn’t revolve around you pal.

And how long is a while, a couple of months - when your team wasn't in first place?

Lol, dude, does it matter whether it's the Red Sox or the White Sox? It's hateful. Who cares what team it's directed towards? We aren't only trying to eliminate hate from the Yankees and Red Sox. It's everyone. It just so happens that the Yanks and Sox take the most abuse.

Oh please!

Gag me with the pseudo sensitivity. Reading this board is what inspired my name. Give me a break.

The mere fact that an element of the Red Sox / Yankees rivalry would assume that the entire world was thinking/talking about him IS the point I’m making.

Any suffering you derive from your own narcissism is deserved.

The fact is that nsulham has, in the past, been a provocateur. Now he wants to act pious. Come off your not-so-high horses. There are no innocents in here.

So quit trying to apply some made up on the fly moral code that no one on this board has ever lived up to. EVERYONE here as a bias against teams, players, fans, and I’ve even, in the time I’ve been reading, seen extensive biases against races of people.

So if you’re here whining about my name or someone saying that Randy Johnson sucks, devote your energy to something meaningful. It’s a big bad world out there and someone saying that your favorite team/player sucks is the least of your problems – unless you’re like five years old.

Furthermore, if this conversation ever makes it back to fantasy baseball and you choose to ignore or not take my opinion seriously because my name is soxwillchoke – that’s your loss and yours alone. It’s no skin off my nose. It’s not like I’m going to perform worse in my league because you don’t take me seriously because of my name. Get over yourself.
soxwillchoke
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby wrveres » Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:36 am

BronXBombers51 .. I know that you are new around here, and in my opinion, an extremely knowledgeable and educated person and fan. I applaud your attempt to correct this ship, I honestly do. But you should also know, a few of the "guys" that you have chosen to team up with here in your attempt at change, are some of the biggest felons of the same atrocities you all are accusing us of.
The Hypocrisy is actually quite funny to step back and read ... especially knowing the histories.

In all sincerity, if there is anything I can do to help you in your endeavors here, let me know. I am always more than happy to help truly improve the cafe. ;-D
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 720)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:43 am

wrveres wrote:BronXBombers51 .. I know that you are new around here, and in my opinion, an extremely knowledgeable and educated person and fan. I applaud your attempt to correct this ship, I honestly do. But you should also know, a few of the "guys" that you have chosen to team up with here in your attempt at change, are some of the biggest felons of the same atrocities you all are accusing us of.
The Hypocrisy is actually quite funny to step back and read ... especially knowing the histories.

In all sincerity, if there is anything I can do to help you in your endeavors here, let me know. I am always more than happy to help truly improve the cafe. ;-D

I greatly appreciate the help wrveres. I haven't been around long, that's true. You would know better than I about the past of some of the members around here. I personally haven't had any problems with some of the guys, which is probably why I don't view them the same way you do.

It really doesn't matter who does what to me, I just would like it all to end. From my few months in the cafe, it seems to me that the Yankees get different treatment than any other team. I can understand that to a point, I don't expect to get the same response as a D-Back fan would get. I just don't like the constant put-downs and generalizations of Yankee fans.

Overall, hopefully this thread helps some people see my side of the story and realize why our fans get angry. Hopefully this can benefit the boards.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby mweir145 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:48 am

BronXBombers51 wrote:
wrveres wrote:BronXBombers51 .. I know that you are new around here, and in my opinion, an extremely knowledgeable and educated person and fan. I applaud your attempt to correct this ship, I honestly do. But you should also know, a few of the "guys" that you have chosen to team up with here in your attempt at change, are some of the biggest felons of the same atrocities you all are accusing us of.

I greatly appreciate the help wrveres. I haven't been around long, that's true. You would know better than I about the past of some of the members around here. I personally haven't had any problems with some of the guys, which is probably why I don't view them the same way you do.

It really doesn't matter who does what to me, I just would like it all to end. From my few months in the cafe, it seems to me that the Yankees get different treatment than any other team. I can understand that to a point, I don't expect to get the same response as a D-Back fan would get. I just don't like the constant put-downs and generalizations of Yankee fans.

Overall, hopefully this thread helps some people see my side of the story and realize why our fans get angry. Hopefully this can benefit the boards.

Unfortunately, for some reason, I doubt the people that you are trying to get this message across to, will really care enough to stop these "snide comments" just because of this topic.. In fact they could even use this as leverage in an argument.

But that would just show how immature these people are though, anyway.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:50 am

I'm done for the night. Hopefully I won't have to read through another 6 pages tomorrow...
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby matmat » Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:20 am

lol. ya know...

i refuse to read all N pages of this thread.
i root for the yankees -- but I am starting to get tired of all the "yankees will trade for crawford" and "yankees trade pavano for a time machine and bring back the babe" rumors. those do belong in the yankee forum and not the main sets. give it a rest. :)
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby davidmarver » Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:28 am

I may get pleasure out of taunting Yankee fans about a bogus trade or losing a meaningless game, but that's part of sports and in now way does it mean I am a 'hater'. How much of a fan are you if you don't root against other teams? There are 29 teams in baseball I root against; I take pleasure in all of every teams' losses, not just the Yankees. There's only so much pleasure one can get from teasing a Royals fan about Mike Sweeney striking out. This season the Yankees are metaphorically the four-eyed, overweight, foreign, nerd, (insert stereotype you made fun of as a child) kid of major league baseball. Being 'hated' upon comes with the winning, partially out of envy, partially out of frustration. I am kind of disturbed that the term we use is 'hating' however. I would think the proper word would be 'antagonists'.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers