"yankee hating" - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

"yankee hating"

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: "yankee hating"

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:53 am

nuggets wrote:
Matthias wrote:ok, so i've been hanging out on the cafe for about half a season now and already this whole "yankee hating" crap seems out of control. it seems that noone can criticize or critique the yankees or any of it's players without the thread denegrating into, "stop your yankee hating" or "you're just a yankee hater" or "all you're doing is yankee hating." can't it just stop? i mean, really. stop. just.

people have their own opinions. some people like some teams. some people don't. some people have chest-beating avatars/signatures. some don't. until everyone is ready to leave all their team allegiances (likes and dislikes) behind, can the discourse continue on with the understanding that people have preferences and it's just ok?

the cafe seems like a really great resource; i think a little more time spent talking baseball and less time spent talking about each other and it could be even better.

thanks.

hahahahaha gotta luv new blood.

everyone knows that yanks fans world wide have a little sand in the proverbial tampon.

ahh it's rewarding to have allegiance to less fortunate franchises and be able to see these stuck up jerk yankee fans squirm.

Note: one of my three very best friends is quite a yankee fan himself, yet he does not posses the loud mouth what have you done lately for me I'm an annoying jerk attitude that spoils the image of all yankees fans, including the respectful ones such as my very close friend who happens to be the commissioner of our $ league. My point is, there are a lot of great fans out there who happen to be yankees fans first and foremost, while on the other hand there are presumably even more bad baseball fans who claim the yankees as their team and thus tarnish the image of the more respectable yankee fan. ahh, america.

Hey, let's see which yankee fan can be the first to not understand what I just posted and make a fool of himself with an annoying response! Out of context quoters unite!

Who is this directed at?
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby soxwillchoke » Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:58 am

nuggets wrote:
Matthias wrote:ok, so i've been hanging out on the cafe for about half a season now and already this whole "yankee hating" crap seems out of control. it seems that noone can criticize or critique the yankees or any of it's players without the thread denegrating into, "stop your yankee hating" or "you're just a yankee hater" or "all you're doing is yankee hating." can't it just stop? i mean, really. stop. just.

people have their own opinions. some people like some teams. some people don't. some people have chest-beating avatars/signatures. some don't. until everyone is ready to leave all their team allegiances (likes and dislikes) behind, can the discourse continue on with the understanding that people have preferences and it's just ok?

the cafe seems like a really great resource; i think a little more time spent talking baseball and less time spent talking about each other and it could be even better.

thanks.

hahahahaha gotta luv new blood.

everyone knows that yanks fans world wide have a little sand in the proverbial tampon.

ahh it's rewarding to have allegiance to less fortunate franchises and be able to see these stuck up jerk yankee fans squirm.

Note: one of my three very best friends is quite a yankee fan himself, yet he does not posses the loud mouth what have you done lately for me I'm an annoying jerk attitude that spoils the image of all yankees fans, including the respectful ones such as my very close friend who happens to be the commissioner of our $ league. My point is, there are a lot of great fans out there who happen to be yankees fans first and foremost, while on the other hand there are presumably even more bad baseball fans who claim the yankees as their team and thus tarnish the image of the more respectable yankee fan. ahh, america.

Hey, let's see which yankee fan can be the first to not understand what I just posted and make a fool of himself with an annoying response! Out of context quoters unite!

Are you part of the problem or part of the solution?
soxwillchoke
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby blankman » Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:59 am

nuggets wrote:what was that mweir145? fun of funs? please clarify.

Perhaps you ought to clarify your own post. Its incredibly ambiguous. None of us can read your mind and know what you mean.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby nsulham » Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:59 am

With a name like soxwillchoke I might ask you the same thing :-?
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby blankman » Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:01 am

soxwillchoke wrote:Are you part of the problem or part of the solution?

Nuggets and his old Yankees Suck avatar (which he was forced to remove for credibility issues) has generally been part of the problem thusfar.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby soxwillchoke » Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:01 am

nsulham wrote:With a name like soxwillchoke I might ask you the same thing :-?

nsulman, I know that you've been a part of the problem on this board with respects to this issue so don't even try to call anyone out.
soxwillchoke
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby blankman » Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:04 am

soxwillchoke wrote:

nsulman, I know that you've been a part of the problem on this board with respects to this issue so don't even try to call anyone out.

Dude, you are simply wrong.

I'd advise you to start over, get a new name since you'll only lose 14 posts, and then read everything before coming to a conclusion like this one which is false.

I sure hope you aren't a Yankee fan :-[
Last edited by blankman on Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby nsulham » Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:04 am

soxwillchoke wrote:

Then you would also know that I haven't started anything in a while.

Sorry but with a name like soxwillchoke you have almost zero credibility on certain issues.

It'd be like someone with a yankeessuck name...you'd immediately dismiss anything they had to say about the Yankees.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:04 am

soxwillchoke wrote:

I'm sorry but I disagree. I respect nsulham's opinions and he's been one of the better contributors to these boards. Certainly there are things he's said that I disagree with and that probably have annoyed me, but I'm positive I've done the same things to him. Nsulham isn't part of the problem.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby Registered_Guest » Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:06 am

No one in this thread is part of the solution. ;-D
Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor