Justin Upton - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Justin Upton

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Justin Upton

Postby Mugwump » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:14 pm

How many years away do you think he is from playing in the big leagues? I'm considering stashing him in my ML spot. We can carry 1 player through the off season. (Wanted to figure in his value for a loooong term investment).
I was in Los Angeles, and the team was playing in San Diego, but I didn't know it. I had taken LSD at noon. I thought it was an off-day. At 1pm, my girlfriend and trip partner looked at the paper and said, "Dock, you're pitching today!"
Mugwump
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby garf112 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:28 pm

I'd say earliest 2008, but you'll probably have to wait until 2009 until you see any return on your investment. He's 18 and even Delmon Young won't be up for good until next year (3 years after he was drafted) Griffey was up in two years, but there aren't that many Griffeys out there.
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 38)

Postby killa3312 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:56 pm

With defense to Delmon, he didn't sign until late, otherwise he more than likely would be up right now. This technically is only his second full season of pro ball. That said, Upton certainly has the talent to make the majors as a teen, it all depends on if they stick him at SS or CF, and how long it takes him to adapt to that position.
killa3312
College Coach
College Coach

Postby carter » Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:28 am

very true - WHEN he signs is the big factor.. then its how he takes to the field.. he could be up in 2007, late 06 the earliest .. he's griffey caliber without a doubt
carter
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 15)

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:56 pm

I havent seen the guy play, but have heard is one of the best prospects from the last 20 years. Is he really that good? I am in a minor league draft and recently had the first pick (Delmon Young). We can only sign a player to a max of 4 years and Justin Upton went 2nd. Later in the draft he wasnt confident in his pick and traded me JUpton for my 6th and 8th round picks. Is Upton good enough to be worth great value at $3 for the next 4 years? Im very happy to have landed such a great prospect for a couple of mid round picks...
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

Return to Minor League & College Baseball