Matt Bush update... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Matt Bush update...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Matt Bush update...

Postby davidmarver » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:18 pm

Does anyone have an update on Matt Bush or know where I can find information on him? I haven't heard much about him since the bar incident and I recently became very curious into what has happened to him :-? . Any information would be appreciated :-) . Thanks ;-D .
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby davidmarver » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:29 pm

Nevermind, I found the numbers. 27 errors :-P .
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

I see him regularly

Postby UFB Commish » Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:52 pm

I live in Ft. Wayne and watch the Wizards quite a bit.

Matt Bush in a word... stinks.

No power, no plate discipline, flash over substance in the field (an error machine at SS).

He may well repeat low A. He is young, but I see little to indicate that he would ever be more than a late inning defensive replacement (despite the errors, he has a cannon for an arm and he could be decent defensively if he didn't "ole" every other ball from the side trying to make highlight plays on routine grounders).

Overall he has all the upside of Anderson Machado (and that isn't saying much for a #1 overall pick). He's only 19, but .221 in Low A isn't getting it done regardless. The Padres made a "signability" pick (ie "cheap") insted of going after Jared Weaver or somebody more useful and it looks like they got just what they paid for.
UFB Commish
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby godallahstar » Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:51 pm

I think maybe everyone including the baseball world has been a little too hard on the kid, he was obviously taken #1 overall for reasons known by the scouts and people in charge.
godallahstar
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Matt Bush

Postby UFB Commish » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:51 am

There is not one scout on this planet that thinks Matt Bush has anywhere near the talent currently, or upside for the future, that Stephen Drew or Jared Weaver has. Both of those guys could be in the majors at some point in 2006, or certainly by 2007. They may be in the majors before Bush gets out of Lake Elsinore in High A.

Bush so far has proven only the ability to get arrested (he had as many arrests as HR in 2005, 2). Even the Padres have already acknowledged it wasn't a good pick. There is already some talk in converting him into a pitcher due to his strong arm. But he did come cheaper than Drew or Weaver.
UFB Commish
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby hybrid » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:37 pm

godallahstar wrote:I think maybe everyone including the baseball world has been a little too hard on the kid, he was obviously taken #1 overall for reasons known by the scouts and people in charge.

Yep, taken #1 because of money ... period. People at the times wanted to make a case that he was a top 10 prospect, but I never saw it. The kid was a light hitting prospect that really didn't show much patience. Padres can only hope that he turns into a gold glove SS that can hit for average ... and even that would take quite a bit of time.

All and all it was a bad pick then and it still is. Hopefully for the Padres he can turn into a decent/nice player, but I wouldn't count on it.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Re: Matt Bush update...

Postby davidmarver » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:32 pm

By the way guys, Matt Bush has been converted to a pitcher. In his first appearance today he pitched a scoreless 1-2-3 inning and struck out two. He hit 95 MPH on the gun. :>
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bigken117 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:28 pm

davidmarver wrote:By the way guys, Matt Bush has been converted to a pitcher. In his first appearance today he pitched a scoreless 1-2-3 inning and struck out two. He hit 95 MPH on the gun. :>

Yeah, he's certainly got the gun to pitch. Maybe the Pads can salvage something from him yet :-° Imagine if you drafted Weaver instead though :b

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby Members Only Jackets » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:07 pm

like in GRANDMAS BOY I'll call him "Grey Bush."
Better to be king for a night than schmuck for a lifetime.
Members Only Jackets
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 2)

Postby davidmarver » Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:21 am

bigken117 wrote:
davidmarver wrote:By the way guys, Matt Bush has been converted to a pitcher. In his first appearance today he pitched a scoreless 1-2-3 inning and struck out two. He hit 95 MPH on the gun. :>

Yeah, he's certainly got the gun to pitch. Maybe the Pads can salvage something from him yet :-° Imagine if you drafted Weaver instead though :b

Correct the 95 figure...the UT here reports "94-98 MPH" in his debut.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Minor League & College Baseball