Jeter All-star Snubbed - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jeter All-star Snubbed

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby CrazyPooja90 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:29 pm

No way has Jeter done more for his team than Podsey. Pods is a HUGE part of why the Sox have been so dominating this year. His hard work and caliber of play has done a lot more for the Sox than Jeter's "leadership" of the Yankees. Stat's be damned, I think it'd be foolished to say Jeter deserves it more.
"I'm going to meet the greatest umpire of all, and he knows I'm innocent."

-Shoeless Joe Jackson
CrazyPooja90
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1490
Joined: 4 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: heckling JD Drew

Postby Strasil42 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:51 pm

CrazyPooja90 wrote:No way has Jeter done more for his team than Podsey. Pods is a HUGE part of why the Sox have been so dominating this year. His hard work and caliber of play has done a lot more for the Sox than Jeter's "leadership" of the Yankees. Stat's be damned, I think it'd be foolished to say Jeter deserves it more.


So what exactly has pods done this year better than jeter???

Did pods help the sox era???
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4347
Joined: 14 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Omaha

Postby CrazyPooja90 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:55 pm

Strasil42 wrote:
CrazyPooja90 wrote:No way has Jeter done more for his team than Podsey. Pods is a HUGE part of why the Sox have been so dominating this year. His hard work and caliber of play has done a lot more for the Sox than Jeter's "leadership" of the Yankees. Stat's be damned, I think it'd be foolished to say Jeter deserves it more.


So what exactly has pods done this year better than jeter???

Did pods help the sox era???


I don't mean to discredit the Sox's pitching, but Pod's contribution to the team chemistry, his aggressiveness on the bases path, his ability to ignite and inspire the other hitters in the Chi Sox's lineup is a huge reason to their being the best team in baseball.
"I'm going to meet the greatest umpire of all, and he knows I'm innocent."

-Shoeless Joe Jackson
CrazyPooja90
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1490
Joined: 4 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: heckling JD Drew

Postby Strasil42 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:59 pm

CrazyPooja90 wrote:
Strasil42 wrote:
CrazyPooja90 wrote:No way has Jeter done more for his team than Podsey. Pods is a HUGE part of why the Sox have been so dominating this year. His hard work and caliber of play has done a lot more for the Sox than Jeter's "leadership" of the Yankees. Stat's be damned, I think it'd be foolished to say Jeter deserves it more.


So what exactly has pods done this year better than jeter???

Did pods help the sox era???


I don't mean to discredit the Sox's pitching, but Pod's contribution to the team chemistry, his aggressiveness on the bases path, his ability to ignite and inspire the other hitters in the Chi Sox's lineup is a huge reason to their being the best team in baseball.


Quote from JustAnotherYanksFan
I think he says it very well.


I think the success of the White Sox might have more to do with the fact that they're first in the MLB in Team ERA, as opposed to 25th last year Buehrle, Garcia and Garland are all having monster years, and their bullpen has been awesome. All I'm saying is that just because Podsednik is there now and wasn't before, that doesn't mean that he's the reason for their success. (The fact that they are 11th in the MLB in runs scored this year - as opposed to 3rd last year - also supports the idea that their pitching, and not Podsednik, is the reason for their success.)
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4347
Joined: 14 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Omaha

Postby blankman » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:01 pm

CrazyPooja90 wrote:
Strasil42 wrote:
CrazyPooja90 wrote:No way has Jeter done more for his team than Podsey. Pods is a HUGE part of why the Sox have been so dominating this year. His hard work and caliber of play has done a lot more for the Sox than Jeter's "leadership" of the Yankees. Stat's be damned, I think it'd be foolished to say Jeter deserves it more.


So what exactly has pods done this year better than jeter???

Did pods help the sox era???


I don't mean to discredit the Sox's pitching, but Pod's contribution to the team chemistry, his aggressiveness on the bases path, his ability to ignite and inspire the other hitters in the Chi Sox's lineup is a huge reason to their being the best team in baseball.


Please. The Sox offense has gotten worse since Pods got there. And the "inspires his teammates and helps team chemistry?" Give me a break; there's nothing along those lines that Pods does that Derek Jeter doesn't and Pods stats are simply an embarassment compared to Jeter's.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10770
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:07 pm

Pods has 9 win shares, Jeter 11. Not a huge difference.
Image
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 18800
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: in Canada, toughening up figure skaters

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:15 pm

Pooja, your argument is garbage. Complete garbage. You can't do anything to prove that Pods is better than Jeter except say ignorant statements like:

His hard work and caliber of play has done a lot more for the Sox than Jeter's "leadership" of the Yankees. Stat's be damned, I think it'd be foolished to say Jeter deserves it more.


Wtf? You're just being foolish. I don't even think Jeter should be an all-star over some of the other guys on the ballot, but Pods is not one of them. Your letting your hatred of Jeter, or of the Yankees, or of both just blind you. There is no chance in hell Pods is a better player than Derek Jeter, this year, or any year. To even make an argument for that is a joke.

MWeir and George Foreman, I completely agree with you, the all-star game "counting" is a travesty. Nobody cares, least of all the players, and Selig thinks putting something like home-field on the line will make them care. He's an ass. But Francona wasn't thinking of what player would be better to help them win, because he didn't choose Podsednik, the fans did (or the clowns who claim they watch baseball).
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11949
(Past Year: 54)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bd3521 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:18 pm

KronJon wrote:Jeter didn't get snubbed. Tejada and Young are better.
http://www.baseballprospectus.com/statistics/sortable/index.php?cid=1
Look how close Jeter and Young are. You cannot say that Young is blowing Jeter out of the water.
[url]http://www.footballguys.com/05vbdrevisited.htm[/url]
bd3521
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1082
Joined: 11 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Northern NJ

Postby joshheines » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:22 pm

Jeter didn't get snobbed Torii did.

52 runs, 22 doubles, 14 HR, 53 RBI, 19 SB and .276 AVG with the greatest centerfield play know to man versus Jeter's
68 runs, 12 doubles, 11 HR, 37 RBI, 10 SB and .310 AVG with average to slightly above average SS play.

Quit crying yankee's fans, T-Nutz got robbed, not the pretty boy.
It's easy, fun, and 100% safe!
joshheines
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 535
Joined: 29 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:23 pm

joshheines wrote:Jeter didn't get snobbed Torii did.

52 runs, 22 doubles, 14 HR, 53 RBI, 19 SB and .276 AVG with the greatest centerfield play know to man versus Jeter's
68 runs, 12 doubles, 11 HR, 37 RBI, 10 SB and .310 AVG with average to slightly above average SS play.

Quit crying yankee's fans, T-Nutz got robbed, not the pretty boy.


Did you even read the thread?
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11949
(Past Year: 54)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Oct. 25
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at San Francisco
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact