Preston Wilson about to be traded - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Preston Wilson about to be traded

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby rmeesig » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:06 pm

RugbyD wrote:
rmeesig wrote:
Before the deal can be completed, the two clubs must agree on financial terms. Also, Wilson must OK the deal because the Nationals are one of five teams to which he can reject a trade. The commissioner's office also must approve any cash transaction between the teams of more than $1 million.

This deal is FAR from complete.

I think it could/should work out b/c that no-trade was put in when they were in montreal. the team is good and the rockies are not.

It's not the NTC that's the biggest obstacle.

The money changing hands to a team with no owner might be, IMO.
If a man dwells on the past, then he robs the present.
But if a man ignores the past, he may rob the future.
The seeds of our destiny are nurtured by the roots of our past.
[i]-- Master Po[/i]
rmeesig
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby amich1 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:16 pm

What are the NATS thinking? Unless they know somthing a/b Ryan Church we don't this trade makes no sense for them at all. Why even mess w/ the comraderie on that team to get a player who is substantially suckier & more expensive than the one you've got? Man, some of these GM's are really, really clueless. There is a reason why the expos sucked for so long. I'm assuming its Church that gets squeezed if this (horrendous) deal goes through.
J.Lo? I knew her back when they said "Hey, ho".
amich1
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Madison » Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:17 am

I don't want Preston to leave Coors! :~( :~( :~(

Glad to see the trade rumors didn't stop him from hitting a jack tonight though. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby rmeesig » Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:40 am

it's not gonna happen...

http://www.washtimes.com/sports/2005070 ... -2694r.htm

Trade for Wilson seems unlikely

By Mark Zuckerman
THE WASHINGTON TIMES
July 9, 2005

PHILADELPHIA -- Despite reports the Washington Nationals agreed to a deal that would send pitcher Zach Day and outfielder J.J. Davis to the Colorado Rockies for outfielder Preston Wilson, financial ramifications and Wilson's no-trade clause have prevented the swap.
The Sporting News reported on its Web site yesterday that the Nationals and Rockies had a done deal, but club and league sources insisted that was not the case. The obstacles that have kept the trade from being finalized for weeks remain.
The key sticking point continues to be Wilson's $12.5 million contract, of which about $6 million still is owed. The Rockies are looking for a trade partner to pay at least $3 million of Wilson's salary, and the Nationals are unlikely to take on that much.
Even should the teams agree on financial terms, Wilson has the right to nix a deal because Washington is one of six clubs included in his limited no-trade clause. Sources close to the outfielder said he would waive the no-trade clause only if he does not lose any money.
The Rockies also have been talking to the Texas Rangers, Chicago Cubs and Los Angeles Dodgers about a deal for Wilson, and those clubs appear to have a leg up on Washington.
If a man dwells on the past, then he robs the present.
But if a man ignores the past, he may rob the future.
The seeds of our destiny are nurtured by the roots of our past.
[i]-- Master Po[/i]
rmeesig
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby echizen » Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:40 pm

i'm a wilson owner...i'd hafta say i don't want him to go to the nats, but i'd be ok with him goin' to Chicago.
echizen
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Kingctb27 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:31 pm

Amazinz wrote:RFK is a beast. Beltran absolutely crushed one yesterday that would have bolted out of Shea and it died on the warning track. Look at Guillen, 1 HR at home. 8-o

Wow, I didn't know his home splits were that bad. :-o
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers