how do u think they jays will do in the second half - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Toronto Blue Jays

how do u think they jays will do in the second half

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

how do u think they jays will do in the second half

Postby sportsguy80 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:16 pm

i just want know how other people think the jasy will do in the second half let me know

Owner of the Toronto Blue Jays in the Strike Zone Dynasty
sportsguy80
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby Lime » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:23 pm

Approximately .500 the rest of the way.
Lime
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mweir145 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:33 pm

What I think they will do and what i hope they will do are totally different things. I mean I hope they go like 50-30 in their last 80 games and win the AL East, but the chances of that are, well, pretty slim in my opinion. This team hasn't shown the ability yet to win in bunches. Whenever they get something going, they always start having a little losing skid. The Jay's offense isn't going to scare anybody, but they have been pretty productive as of the last 10 games, and hopefully that will remain the same. I still think their offense will struggle unless they are able to trade for a power bat in the middle of the lineup.

Considering we really only have 4 starters, and one of them being Josh Towers. I think we need 1 if not 2 more starters at the trade deadline to compete with the Red Sox and the Yankees. I think Halladay, Lilly, and Chacin will be fine, but I'm not too sure about Towers/Bush. I don't think we should trade away our future for a few players that will only remain here the rest of the year. I think JP realizes this, and will only trade for players under contract for next season as well.

It does appear that JP's projection of 2006-2007 may be back on track for contention, after a minor setback last year. I think we should be looking at contending in the AL East next year and beyond, and not this year. It will be very tough with all of the rookies we have. Speaking of rookies, I think Adams, Hill, and Chacin will all have cases at AL Rookie of the Year.

My prediction, though it is one that i don't particularly like, would be about .500 the rest of the year, and have a respectable season of about 82-85 wins.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Toronto Blue Jays