Blowmack Angry at Yankees - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Yankees

Blowmack Angry at Yankees

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Blowmack Angry at Yankees

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:41 pm

According to the New York Times, Tony Womack is once again upset at the Yankees.
Womack is now out of a regular job with rookie Melky Cabrera in center field. ''He wasn't happy, but he's a professional,'' manager Joe Torre said. ''We don't want him to pretend he's happy if he's not happy. But we all have jobs to do.'' First Womack was unhappy about not leading off, then he was unhappy about going to the outfield, and now he's unhappy about going to the bench. And through it all, he has hit .243/.276/.266. Jul. 8 - 8:24 am et
Source: New York Times

I find it hard to blame Womack, though. He signed to play second base, and we have him all over the place. He's done everything we've asked, even though we've been pretty unfair.

Hopefully we can give him to another team so everyone's happy. Should've never signed him in the first place.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WharfRat » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:07 pm

Well, I can understand him not being happy about how they've moved him around so much, but he lost the leadoff spot because he sucked so bad. It's his own fault for that. I do hope he gets traded though, he should get a better situation for himself.
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to New York Yankees