Can I make a 2nd half run? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Can I make a 2nd half run?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Can I make a 2nd half run?

Postby Airzoom32 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:37 am

I am currently in 3rd in a 10 team league. I am back 13pts in Roto, with a majority being in Ws and Ls for my pitching. Do you think I can still make a run to win it with this team?

C (1) - V. Martinez
1B (1) - Pujols
2B (1) - Utley
3B (1) - Rolen
SS (1) - M. Young
OF (3) - M. Ramirez, A. Huff, M. Cabrera
UTL(1) - Figgins
Bench - Reyes

SP (3) - Turnbow, Hermanson, Halladay
RP (3) - Street, BJ Ryan, Y. Brazoban
P (2) - C. Politte (holds), J. Crain (holds)
Bench - Bonderman, C. Young, Harden, Schilling, Prior
DL- Ol. Perez, K. Foulke
Airzoom32
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheMeXiKaN » Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:47 am

Your team looks strong, and I think you can get stronger by upgrading your Rotation. Reyes is too valuable to waste away on the bench. If I were you I would try to move one of your 3 elite SS (Young, Reyes, Figgins) to pick up some pitching. I'd lean towards keeping Figgins. He's undervalued in my opinion, what with his ubiquitous positional eligibilty.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=145946
- - - - - - - - - There Is No Spoon - - - - - - - - -
TheMeXiKaN
College Coach
College Coach

Postby TheMeXiKaN » Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:51 am

Another thought: Why not start Figgins at 2B and Bench/trade Utley? Yes, Utley gives you more power than Reyes, but Reyes can single Handedly win you SB in your when paired with Chone.
- - - - - - - - - There Is No Spoon - - - - - - - - -
TheMeXiKaN
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Airzoom32 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:33 pm

I will be unable to win SB this year, I am currently 3rd (but still a good distance from 2nd as well as a good distance ahead of 4th). One team has Pods, Furcal, Pierre. He is so far ahead of everyone else its not even funny. I just recently put Utley in the lineup in hopes of picking up some power (and Reyes is struggling a bit right now).
Airzoom32
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby hireme » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:00 pm

you've got a good squad, but ive got some suggestions. your rotation is good on paper but its iffy. hardens been great but he's still a little bit of an injury concern. schilling's up in the air, perez is injured and was just gettin into form when he got hurt so who knows where he is now? i would trade mike young to get one more sp whos durable and will stick for the rest of the year. maybe you could explore a young/rolen trade for chavez/good sp on the team with chavez. i'd slide figgins into the ss spot, and actually i would look to trade or just drop reyes. i had him earlier to replace nomar, and his potentials great but i saw too many 1 for 5, 1 run scored days. look for a better candidate on the waiver wire to plug in your utility spot; run hot players and drop when cold. examples are jose cantu or julio lugo on the drays, polanco on the tigers, etc.
hireme
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team