Help!!! I just got this email - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Help!!! I just got this email

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby waterproof » Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:11 am

Irish wrote:I would get Magglio on the cheap. Just offer something reasonable so no one has dirt on their hands IMO.


Advice taken... I offered C. Guillen and Logan for Ordonez and Vazquez... maybe I went for too much... anyway, time to wait and see what happens...

I saved the email too :-]

Thanks all ;-D
Last edited by waterproof on Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
waterproof
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 767
Joined: 4 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: USA

Postby This is the year » Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:14 am

It's not collusion if this is a dynasty/salary cap league. The guy may just be looking for cash to pay players next year, or trying to get younger/cheaper for next season. I recently got Vlad in a league like this, but I had to give up a bunch of young players. In a redraft league the trade would have been vetoed immediately, but in a dynasty/salary cap it made sense for both teams.


Edit: Sorry, I think I misunderstood. Do you mean "cash" as US legal tender, or cash/cap room to use for players for next year? If it's the former than, yes, this is blatantly illegal.
Last edited by This is the year on Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is the year
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 700
Joined: 9 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Irish » Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:14 am

waterproof wrote:
Irish wrote:I would get Magglio on the cheap. Just offer something reasonable so no one has dirt on their hands IMO.


Advice taken... I offered C. Guillen and Logan for Ordonez and Vazquez... maybe I went for too much... anyway, time to wait and see what happens...

I saved the email too :-]


LOL, I htought tht was reasonable until I saw Vasquez on the end. That will be vetoed and draw attention to yourself. Ya might want to push up the offer a little so it doesn't look so sketch IMO.
Image
BILL HALL EN FUEGO!
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2163
Joined: 5 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby waterproof » Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:20 am

TITY - Not a keeper league... This guy has last all locked up, and I think he might be trying to recover some of his losses...

Irish - Yeah, that's what I thought...
waterproof
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 767
Joined: 4 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: USA

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:39 am

waterproof wrote:
Irish wrote:I would get Magglio on the cheap. Just offer something reasonable so no one has dirt on their hands IMO.


Advice taken... I offered C. Guillen and Logan for Ordonez and Vazquez... maybe I went for too much... anyway, time to wait and see what happens...

I saved the email too :-]

Thanks all ;-D


I hope you mean Ramon Vazquez.
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11949
(Past Year: 54)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby INKcogKNEEdough » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:10 pm

yes, BLATANT cheating no question about it. I would DEFINITELY save the email, and i would probably call him out on it, by posting it on the league message board. Maybe not even mention him by name just post something like:

To all league members:(specifically the commish)

I have recently been offered a deal in which i could obtain players for Cash by one of the last place teams. In all leagues i have ever been in this is considered cheating. If this is considered okay in this league then i need to know that. If not, i need to know that as well. Please clarify this matter for me
""""
"There was shrinkage!".....(George costanza)

Http://www.briliantdonkey.blogspot.com
INKcogKNEEdough
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 468
Joined: 25 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby baseball6791 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:20 pm

waterproof wrote:Yeah, I was thinking of reporting him...

The guy is in last place and headed to Iraq at the end of the month. I figured his team would be locked soon, but it seems the commish is slipping... maybe I should just email the commish and ask him to lock the team??? It's a friend's league, not mine, and I don't want to step on any toes...

Or I can buy a player or two... }:-)


he's heading to Iraq (I assume as a soldier) 8-o in that case don't report the poor guy. just say you arent interested and save the email. If a lopsided trade goes through with him then show the email. there is no reason to report him, and you probably dont want that to be his possible last memory of you :-o give the guy a break.
Image

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4368
Joined: 23 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LooseCannon » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:24 pm

baseball6791 wrote:he's heading to Iraq (I assume as a soldier) 8-o in that case don't report the poor guy. just say you arent interested and save the email. If a lopsided trade goes through with him then show the email. there is no reason to report him, and you probably dont want that to be his possible last memory of you :-o give the guy a break.


Really good point.......I agree with you Baseball...He's going to war...don't bother reporting him.
Image

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4769
Joined: 17 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: In leather chair surfing the World Wide Web

Postby jellyroll » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:31 pm

INKcogKNEEdough wrote:yes, BLATANT cheating no question about it. I would DEFINITELY save the email, and i would probably call him out on it, by posting it on the league message board. Maybe not even mention him by name just post something like:

To all league members:(specifically the commish)

I have recently been offered a deal in which i could obtain players for Cash by one of the last place teams. In all leagues i have ever been in this is considered cheating. If this is considered okay in this league then i need to know that. If not, i need to know that as well. Please clarify this matter for me
""""


Don't report him specifically but you MUST make a blanket statement to everyone against it. If you don't it could escalate, or he may dump players on to another team. Either way the integrity of the league is ruined if you do nothing and it leads to something else down the road .
jellyroll
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 527
Joined: 6 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: West Indies

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:44 pm

waterproof wrote:TITY

Great acronym

:-b
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 14716
Joined: 24 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact