Somewhat of a situation... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Somewhat of a situation...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Somewhat of a situation...

Postby Phatferd » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:23 am

OK I am not DAQ (jk DAQ, its all in love) I have a date with this girl this weekend and it's our first together. I met her like 3 years ago at a party and out of the blue on my 21st BDAY this year about a month ago, she called my friend who was with me (first time in a year she talked to him) just to see what was up and he mentioned we wanted to go to a bar for my BDAY (she doesn't remember me of course and I had no clue who he was talking to) but we needed a Designated Driver, so she offered.

Anyway I asked her out this week for this weekend and she's down. She was even excited about the proposal of going to an Angel game. My problem is this. I am getting sick, I have caught some kind of bronchitis/strep throat thing that has gotten worse the past 2 days. I don't want to cancel the first date and ruin everything, but I don't want to be on the date hacking flemballs either. What do I do?
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:30 am

Mo' Tussin'! ;-D

Just put some Robitussin on it and it will be fine. ;-D

Rub it in there and let it do it's work! ;-D

Run out? Just add water! Mo' Tussin'! ;-D

:-D

Ok, now that I'm all done being silly, I'd suggest resting as much as possible. Take some cold medicine if you think it will help, but definitely get plenty of rest. Sleep, eat, and drink (fluids, not booze) a ton. Then see how you feel the day of the date. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby JTWood » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:11 am

I would suggest setting up a quick date early in the evening. Rest during the day, and then just take her to something that's physically easy to handle, like eating, a movie/show, or something else where you sit most of the time. End the date as soon as that event is completed, and for God's sake do not kiss her good night!!!

Besides the fact that getting you home quickly will keep you from contaminating said hottie, it will also give her the "he's seemes interested, but he didn't act too interested in me" impression. Depending on what kind of girl she is, playing hard to get might actually get you another date with her.

Of course, you blow all of that by mentioning that you're sick, so keep your mouth shut. If you do mention that you sick, I will be forced to add your date to the boneheaded baserunning plays thread.

:-D

Good luck!!!

;-D
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby RugbyD » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:55 am

heh, funny you bring this up cuz I'm almost in the same situation, although i've got about a week to get myself sstraightened out. hopefully for the both of us its nothing that will require antibiotics.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby WharfRat » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:20 am

I was actually in this situation a few years ago, when I was in college. I was on my first date with this chick (we'd hung out a couple times previously, but it wasn't a "date" per se) and by this point I was all set to make a move, but I had an awful, awful flu, which ruled that out. But I didn't want to cancel, so beforehand I loaded up on medicine and caffeine. We actually ended up just going to the bar to have a few drinks which was nice, because I usually feel less sick if I drink a little. ;-D We went a couple other places too, and I ended up showing her a good enough time that there was a 2nd date, and I just made the move then. We've been together for almost 3 years now, and she still laughs about it.

So my advice is to take any kind of combination of medicine, caffeine and alcohol that will allow you to be a somewhat normal human being while not killing you or forcing an ER visit, and then just let it roll. But truth is, if you're too sick to do it, you're too sick to do it.
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Irish » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:43 am

How about: TELL HER THE TRUTH

Figure out how sick you are the day before and decide whether to cancel or not. If you do, just tell her why and re-schedule.

Worst comes to wrst, just use the line:

"Yeah, I'm feeling a little bad, but I didn't want that to stop me from seeing you tonight."

Or something of that sort. Just hope it's not contagious :-o
BILL HALL EN FUEGO!
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby emb0lus » Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:31 am

Haven't had this problem when dating, BUT my wife and I currently both have colds and that can get really messy with all the snot flying O:-) oops, I thought I was in the making out thread..... anyway, Mad is right in a way. Load up on the robitussin but get the plain stuff without the antihistamines in it (i use generic robitussin, ie guaifenesin). Use it every 4-6 hours and drink a ton of water which will loosen all that crap up and get it out of your system.
Then, the day you go out, an hour before you go use some Afrin nasal spray if you are still congested and that will open you right up.... unless of course you have a high pitched whiny voice then you may want the congestion so your voice is deeper :-D
emb0lus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Arlo » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:53 pm

Irish wrote:How about: TELL HER THE TRUTH

Irish gets bonus points for creativity! :-b
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby pokerplaya » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:56 pm

Arlo wrote:
Irish wrote:How about: TELL HER THE TRUTH

Irish gets bonus points for creativity! :-b

LOL! :-b
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby Half Massed » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:08 pm

if you're really not feeling well, you might not make the best impression during the date, so it might be better to do what Irish said and reschedule. as long as you make it really obvious that you're sickness is not an excuse you're using to put it off or not do it, she should understand.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to General Talk