underground hip hop - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

underground hip hop

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Half Massed » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:15 pm

WharfRat wrote:New crew to check out: Non Phixion. Pretty good, but produced by the GOAT, DJ Premiere. Sick, sick stuff a friend just let me hear, you guys might want to give a listen.

i've only heard that one song of theirs, where they spell out non phixion. a friend showed it to me and a friend of mine and my friend couldn't figure out what he was spelling when he did that whole n-o-n p-h-i-x-i-o-n part. that's the only song i've heard, and it was pretty good. the rest of their stuff is good too?
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WharfRat » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:59 pm

Half Massed wrote:
WharfRat wrote:New crew to check out: Non Phixion. Pretty good, but produced by the GOAT, DJ Premiere. Sick, sick stuff a friend just let me hear, you guys might want to give a listen.

i've only heard that one song of theirs, where they spell out non phixion. a friend showed it to me and a friend of mine and my friend couldn't figure out what he was spelling when he did that whole n-o-n p-h-i-x-i-o-n part. that's the only song i've heard, and it was pretty good. the rest of their stuff is good too?

The tracks my buddy played the other day all sounded real good, maybe 6 tracks or so. I think Premiere does all or most of the beats, at least it sounded that way, but I think he said Large Professor might have done some too, which is a good thing. Seriously sick beats, the rhymes were good too although not the best I'd ever heard, but the production really made it. Reminded me a little of Gravediggaz in some ways. But compared with the junk that's out nowadays, it sounded awesome. I haven't picked up the CD yet, I probably will at some point.
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Half Massed » Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:30 am

i might get around to picking that up as well. so who are your top five artists at the moment? for me, at the moment i'd probably say, in no particular order, aesop rock, saul williams, atmosphere, immortal technique, and... hmm tough to choose the last spot, i guess probably sage francis, tonedeff or cannibal ox...
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:20 am

You guys ever heard of Necro .... he's terrible
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert