How is this team 25 games out of first place???? Please Help - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

How is this team 25 games out of first place???? Please Help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ocmusicjunkie » Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:56 pm

In a 10-team league, that's a poor staff. Johan, Sheets and Hudson are all studs. They will be fine in the second half. Randy could very well be finished at his age. Radke is the only other pitcher on that staff I'd want starting for me.

I'd suggest going after some younger guys who are coming up, and MIGHT be easier to pry away than a Beckett or Burnett. Look at Haren, Caupuano, ect.
Help please:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1086524#1086524

Harden- 2.15 ERA, 7.61 K/9
Peavy - 2.89 ERA, 10.10 K/9

[b]Lets go Rich![/b]
ocmusicjunkie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby abstractpoet » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:51 am

Actually, I think your team will be fine in the second half--Manny's turned it around, Ichiro should be much better than he has been, and even Beltre (whom I don't like at all) is hitting a little bit now. VMart must have been killing you before, but now he's doing fine.

Your pitching staff is solid once Hudson comes back, but I'd look to find someone else on the waiver wire to replace Weaver. Don't trade Johan or Sheets; you'll regret it later. But I would think about dangling RJ as trade bait--see what people might be willing to give up. If I were you I'd want to add another top closer, and RJ + Radke might land you a KRod and a mid-level starting pitcher. I'd try to work out something like that. Or trade him for hitting, and then trade one of your studs (maybe Ichiro, once he heats up a bit) for another pitching ace.

Kent is hurt, so you should look for someone to replace him for the short term.
abstractpoet
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team