How is this team 25 games out of first place???? Please Help - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

How is this team 25 games out of first place???? Please Help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How is this team 25 games out of first place???? Please Help

Postby Soxcess11 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:44 pm

maybe I'm not seeing things clearly but I can't help but look at my team and see stud's all over, and yet I'm 25 games out of first place and losing big again this week, is there something I can do, do you guys see any holes that I might be missing? I'm open to all responses, it's pretty frustrating

R, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OBP, SLG
W, L, CG, SHO, SV, HLD, ERA, WHIP, K/9

C- Victor Martinez
1B- Carlos Delgado
2B- Jeff Kent
3B- Adrian Beltre
SS- Michael Young
OF- Manny Ramirez
OF- Bobby Abreu
OF- Ichiro Suzuki
UTIL- Scott Podsednik
BN- Sean Casey
DL- Barry Bonds
SP- Johan Santana, Randy Johnson, Ben Sheets, Tim Hudson, CC Sabathia, Brad Radke, Jeff Weaver and Doug Davis
RP- Brad Lidge, Miguel Batista, Ryan Dempster, Ugeth Urbina, Julian Tavarez, Ron Villone

this is really my team, see below
http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/162480/1
Soxcess11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby baseballjock08 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:52 pm

Whats killing you is your pitching Randy Johnson is old as crap and is nothing with the Yankees Johan Santana is falling, and Ben Sheets is nothing, and everyone else is average (pitching wise) you have hitting you just need pitching try making some trades with those three guys for guys like: A.J. Burnett, Josh Beckett (once he gets off the DL), Mark Buehrle, Kenny Rogers, Matt Morris, Chris Carpenter, and even Bartolo Colon. Those guys for the most part have wins and thats what you need not just strikeouts.
Go O's!!!!!!!! University of Miami Baseball All The Way!!! And of Course Baltimore Blueclaws and the Maryland Orioles (Metro)!!!!!!!!! ,

Craig
baseballjock08
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby baseballjock08 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:56 pm

And Beltre, he is not all he is worked up to be try picking up another 3rd baseman like Chavez who is one of the BEST 2nd half players in the game!!! ;-D
Go O's!!!!!!!! University of Miami Baseball All The Way!!! And of Course Baltimore Blueclaws and the Maryland Orioles (Metro)!!!!!!!!! ,

Craig
baseballjock08
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Soxcess11 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:01 pm

people are holding onto pitching pretty stingily in this league, I'm trying to get guys like Beckett and Burnett but people are reluctant to let them go
Soxcess11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby baseballjock08 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:08 pm

In that case give up a little bit more.

Craig
baseballjock08
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby ownthecourt47 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:08 pm

deffinitly try to improve your starters
ownthecourt47
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Soxcess11 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:12 pm

I've seriously got one of the best pitching staffs in the league, and in order for me to get anybody better I'd probably have to trade Santana, Johnson or Sheets....and then am I really making the starting pitching better??? I mean who's gonna accept a Radke/Sabathia for a better SP?? I'm trying, and I'm personally talking to a guy right now about trading him Johan and one of my lower level pitchers for Halladay and Myers
Soxcess11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:02 pm

I dont see how youre losing in this league with the team you have? Is it a 6 team league or something because you really have a good team. I really dont even know how to help because you have the studs and most are producing. I reallly have no idea how youre losing unless its just pure bad luck...
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

Postby jealousblues » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:14 pm

You have pretty good players, some are sluming but still...

if its not pitching that is causeing you to lose, what is it?
JH32
jealousblues
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Soxcess11 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:25 pm

it's a 10 team league, and every week I seem to lose a majority of the offensive categories and break even in the pitching categories, but obviously if RJ or Johan have one start in a particular week and they get shelled....which has happened numerous times this year, then it's hard for me to compete in the pitching categories as well, I'm now currently talking to a guy about trading Abreu and one of my bottom feeding pitchers for Halladay and Brett Myers and either Edmonds, Floyd, Ordonez or Frank Thomas
Soxcess11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team